4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2010 9:55 PM by jasper100 RSS

Platinum member very unhappy

unhappyclient Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Platinum member long tme , 3 time shares explain to me why in the last six monts and mist recently twice today why I cannot get statisfaction with Marriott. 40 days notice i ort lauderdale and 11 months notice in Annoplis Maryland it appears if your willing to pay out dollars they have a water front room of you want to cash in you hard earned rewards points you get back of the bus.

If this is the case my 3 time shares will go and ll my busines and family travel will go to the best  hotel program Starwood. After Marriot would not take care of a long term loyal customer I called my starwood partners and they took care of us no porblem with up grade and water front suite.

I did not have to ask for managers etc simple 7 min call expressed the care of a long tern starwoond points member.

A real shame for Marriott because I will direct all my future travel that way and divest my self of the Marriott holdings

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum member very unhappy
    ncgirl Platinum

I completely agree!  Since Marriott made changes in 2009, we cannot reserve any room we want with points.  We can only get bad views, studios, no view, etc.  There needs to be an option, even if it costs more points, to get a better view and better room.  I complained about it immediately.  We are gradually switching to another hotel reward program.  We don't care to go anywhere and stay in a room with no view.  It makes the whole rewards program a waste.  Yes, we are a platinum member too, for the time being.  We've been gold or platinum because of the reward program for many years, and it appears it has come to an end.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"There needs to be an option, even if it costs more points, to get a better view and better room."

Complimentary upgrades to a larger room or oceanfront are given to Gold and Platinum Elite based upon availability.  Rather than 'throw the dice', Marriott introduced Room Upgrade Rewards in response to feedback like yours.  Subject to the terms & conditions, this option applies to paid stays or using points.  

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Unhappyclient

As a charter Marriott Rewards member dating back to the Marriott Marquis Club and a Marriott Vacation Club multiple-week owner for 15 years, Marriott is my preferred choice for business and leisure travel.  Over the years, loyalty to Marriott is both enjoyable and rewarding.  That said, the road isn't always smooth, there have some bumps.

About a year ago, just after the 2009 changes to the Marriott Rewards Program went into effect, I experienced several disappointing stays which prompted me to explore Marriott Rewards Insiders. At the time, a heated discussion was underway.

In addition to welcoming you to Insiders, I invite you to browse the many discussions posted here at Insiders anticipating that you will participate in sharing your positive experiences as well as the disappointments.  Be assured that your feedback and critical views are welcome. 

Best wishes, and again, welcome.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

That exactly what I have been talking about...Now that Marriott has lowered the standards for becoming Platinum Members, the more complaints like this will happen because Platinum will be so watered down that being Platinum will not have any meaning!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...