1 2 3 7 Previous Next 99 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2016 2:14 PM by tryt53 RSS

Need help!

eodhl Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Several months ago we booked a stay at JW Marriott in Panama using Reward points. The trip is now two weeks away and we were just notified the hotel is cancelling our reservation to book a large party. This is a vacation involving international airline reservations and we cannot reschedule. We have been treated rudely and no one at the hotel or Marriott Rewards by telephone is helping us.   I have emailed customer care as has been suggested. I am shocked after so many years as a Marriott customer. Can someone help?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Rio Hato, Panama JW Marriott JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort
  • 1. Re: Need help!
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh no eodhl, we're here to help! Please send me a private message with your Rewards number, reservation number, and dates of stay and we will have our team investigate for you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Need help!
    eodhl Gold

Just sent details. I appreciate your quick reply!

• 3. Re: Need help!
    tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

eodhl - this seems outrageous.  Will you let us know what solution, if any, they come up with?  I had no idea they can even do this.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Need help!
    seatexan Platinum

Yes, wow! I didn't know they could just cancel on you. Keep us updated!

• 5. Re: Need help!
    eodhl Gold

Thanks SeaTexan and tfreeman98. Will keep you updated. We have always been happy with Marriott service up until now. In fact,we have two more reservations already booked!  But if this can't be worked out, we will never stay with Marriott again. Reward points are worthless if hotels can cancel on whim...I am hopeful it will be worked out though!

• 6. Re: Need help!
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

That's outrageous, as a Gold you've a guaranteed reservation, so they'd better explain what guaranteed means if the hotel can cancel and leave you high and dry. Please do keep us posted on a regular basis, as you'll find regulars here such as IAHFLYR, jerryl, misterchk and bejacob will, along with me and those that have so far responded assist in keeping this thread current.

I have to confess I have an element of self interest here as it looks like my weeks honeymoon in the Florida Keys is about to go the same way and get cancelled by the hotel concerned, although at least in my case the excuse is a question of the possible, my chosen hotel may not be built in time! The reason given by your hotel "someone more important" is dreadful!

• 7. Re: Need help!
    eodhl Gold

I appreciate your help keeping this current, brightlybob! It's kind of putting a damper on our excitement for the vacation at the moment. We are in Maine where we've had two snowstorms in 4 days so we've been looking forward to this! Hope your honeymoon plans work out too. I will update when I get some news...

• 8. Re: Need help!
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I am astounded!  I cannot believe that any reputable business would do something like this.  deannad please keep us apprised about how this turns out.  I am always frustrated when someone reports what seems to be awful behavior by aa Marriott hotel and we never learn the outcome.  I would like to see some kind of closure on these kinds of posts.

• 9. Re: Need help!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

This might be most crazy thing I've heard of or seen on Insiders, totally unacceptable, rude and this particular property GM called to the carpet if they are booking a large event there and to accommodate this event cancelling guests reservations as stated.  I cannot believe I just read this.

eodhl, as others have mentioned please do keep us informed on the outcome.  At times our Moderators will only let the person impacted know the outcome however; in this situation I believe we ALL need to know.

I'd almost want to be compensated for this cash grabbing GM by having Marriott pay for you to stay at another location of YOUR CHOICE as well as rewarding you with a high number of bonus points.

• 10. Re: Need help!
    Platinum 28 Reviews

deannad  Here is a chance for you and your team to "shine" as well as shut me up for a while (that alone should be a tremendous incentive)

Copy to eodhl

• 11. Re: Need help!
    Platinum 28 Reviews

eodhl

If we fix this don't come back and ask for our help again unless your participate.  (I think that a fair request).

Also, you must pledge to support the "Dark Side"  - and follow my lead as I am the Devil's official representative on duty.

• 12. Re: Need help!
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yeah, eodhl, beelzebubs self-proclaimed representative on earth (misterchk) is assisting you... Reassuring, eh

• 13. Re: Need help!
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

We're with you eodhl. I would definitely give deannad a chance to resolve this first.

Then if nothing can be satisfactorily done, I would take to both Twitter and Facebook on the Marriott Sites. Social media is quickly driving change because of the high visibility of things like this.  If they are not handled properly, the companies are very aware of the ripple effect and the huge publicity. And they also know that if handled correctly, it can do just as much to bring new customers to their brand, as they get unhappy at the other brands they are frequenting now.

• 14. Re: Need help!
    Platinum 28 Reviews

eodhl When this gets corrected glance back to this forum and see how many of these weaklings gave you advice and who was the one that sent a direct message to the Marriott rep.

1 2 3 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...