25 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2016 8:55 AM by albumen2001 RSS

Spring Megabouns rewards

gliderman Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am a new member here although a Marriott Rewards member for a few years now.  I have completed the first part of the current Megabonus Spring 2016 and have received my free night certificate.  My question is when do I receive notification of the next portion of the bonus points?  It has been several days since my second qualifying stay.

Thanks in advance

Mike

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spring Megabouns rewards
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi gliderman!

Welcome to the Insiders Forum!  I'm sure you've had the opportunity to take a look around our site and have seen this is a great place to talk about all things travel related.  From sharing your recommendations and experiences to seeing what other Rewards members are saying.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad, lindseyh and AndrewT

Just in case you'd like to take a look, I've added in the links to our Getting Started Guides:

Getting Started Guide

Getting Started Guide (Advanced Users)

In regards to your post, I'd like to take a deeper look into that for you.  I've gone ahead and have sent you a direct message to get the conversation going.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

Again, welcome!  Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

On the Marriott website you can view your "Promotions"

That page should have something that looks like this.

Bonus.PNG

The first one tracks your stays (2 required for a free night certificate).

The second one shows your "nights" progress. Bonus points show up once you've reached the threshold of the bonus. In my case, I need 20 nights to earn 15k points, plus 3k points per additional night up to 30k points. Even though the second graph shows that I need 25 nights to earn 30k points (which is true), I'll get the bonus points once I hit 20 nights with additional points for each night up to the 25 shown.

Hope that helps.

gliderman Gold

I have seen this and it does show that I have achieved my free night certificate, based on the promotional 2 night stays.  I still cannot see where my additional new bonus point offer (where I have to unlock the offer) appears.  By the terms and conditions it indicates that within 2-3 days of achieving this first goal, a second award will be made available.

homoviator Platinum

I'm on my phone so I can't tell exactly, but my understanding was that you need to unlock the second bonus of 20 or 25 before the third bonus is unlocked. I was unclear on that before I read something here that made me go back and reRead the bonuses. Does that help?

gliderman Gold

I am still not sure how the current Megabonus works.  Here is a cut and past from the details that were given to me in my Promotion account:

• Register by April 15, 2016 This I have done
        • Stay at participating properties between February 1 – May 15, 2016 This I have done and have been given the free night certtificate
        • Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays Have received this
        • Win #2: Unlock your new bonus points offer – and register when it appears in your online account Further info says that this will appear within 2-3 days after the second qualifying stay, which was 6 days ago.
        • Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide

Remember to book direct on Marriott.com.

Terms and conditions

Hi again, gliderman.   I'd be happy to look into this for you.  Would you mind sending me your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance.

zephyr213 Platinum

I did not see the second offer etiher after achiveing the first.

And the previous MegaBonus was showing in my account.

Hi zephyr213I'd be happy to take a deeper look into this for you.  Would you mind sending me your Rewards number?

zephyr213 Platinum

Thanks for the help Carat. However, it seems I was not able to send you a direct message.

Oh no!  I've gone ahead and sent you a message, you should be all set to send messages now. 

gliderman Gold

I did try again to send a direct message but when I hit the send button a long red bar appears at the bottom of my screen and no where does it indicate that the message was sent successfully.  I tried using both Firefox and Internet Explorer with the same results.  So not sure if you received my MR # or not.  Am I doing something wrong?

vickisocal Platinum

Has anyone who only got the first offer gotten the second offer after completing 2 stays?

ejlipsky Platinum

I also have not unlocked the second offer after completing my two stays, and I checked out this past Monday. Quite annoying. Called MR and they said there was nothing they could do.

Hi ejlipsky, welcome to Insiders!  You shouldn't feel alone.  We learned late yesterday that there had been a delay in the MegaBonus system.  Thus, many members were experiencing the same issues as you.  We were also told that this should be fixed soon.  Speaking with members this morning, they had let me know they were able to unlock their Win #2. You should be able to do the same, if not now, shortly. If you are unable to do so, let me know and I can take a deeper look for you.

ejlipsky Platinum

So I just enrolled in my second Mega Bonus and its only for 2,500 points. I wouldn't call it a "mega" bonus, but hopefully the third bonus is a little more generous.

vickisocal Platinum

There is no third for you.

These are the combos  people are getting. You have the first one. "A"

A

Win #1: Earn a free night after two stays

Win #2: Unlocked after # 1-(takes several days after cert posts) 2500 points for an additional stay

Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (ie nothing)

B

Win #1: Earn 10,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 20,000 bonus points

Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)

Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2- reported to be additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points, unconfirmed

C

Win #1: Earn 15,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus 3,000 bonus points each additional night, up to 30,000 bonus points

Win #2: At the same time, earn a free night after two paid stays (register separately in your online account)

Win #3: Unlock a new bonus points offer in your online account after you win #1 and #2 - reported to be additional 1000 per night, for max of 5000 more points, unconfirmed

cmeyer Platinum

I had completed my second stay on Tuesday, got my free night certificate, and was able to register for the second offer now:

I'm supposed to receive 2,500 bonus points after my next stay.

Is this going to be it? One certificate and 2,500 points?

If so, I will be pretty disappointed. I was really hoping to get one of the "Stay xx nights and receive xxxxx points" offers...

Cheers,

Christian

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

The small print was not really obvious when the promotion started. It seemed odd to me that you could happily register for both promotion. I asked here what the catch might be. Nobody responded. I think I have found it. The Terms & Conditions for the 'two stay and free night offer' include "The additional offer will only unlock after the second paid stay for members who are not targeted for any additional megabonus offers." So you won't get the bonus points offer if you are aiming for the more onerous 25 nights offer too.

sketho Gold

Are you guys seriose over there in the Rewards Department? Only One certificate and an additional 2,5k points?

That's it, I won't book One more night at Marriott Hotels this Spring Mega (hahaha) Bonus. I now book IHG hotels to get a good amount of points during their Accelerate promotion.

Shame on you Marriott Rewards, and I'm still Gold member.

seatexan Platinum

Well I was just excited to have 2 stays and get a free night!

kimkarley Platinum
    • Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide: don't know when this is going to be

Has anyone received this.  We have 5 stays so far in February,  but have not received the 4000 per stay.  We received of certificate for a free night, but no extra bonus.

seatexan Platinum

"Win #3: Every stay counts at 4,000+ hotels worldwide (ie nothing)"  I don't think it's really a win, its just like a fortune cookie telling you that ever Stay Counts... you can stay at 4,000 hotels and your stay will count.  Its not 4000 points.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very good explanation and exactly how I read it as well.  Oh wait, you may not want to have similar thoughts as me!

seatexan Platinum

LOL! >.<

albumen2001 Platinum

I have earned the free night and have 29 night in February. I should find out what the 3rd bonus is shortly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...