6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2016 5:03 PM by muppetwrangler RSS

Gold or Platinum status for sale???

fistuk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just noticed someone from Canada selling on eBay Marriott's Gold\Platinum status (look here).

Does someone know how can that be possible?...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold or Platinum status for sale???
    Kingfish45 Gold

I would run away as fast as I could.  Many red flags there.   Only wants $399 Canadian for one.  And, it was in Chinese. 

Also requests your passport number. Also sells Hilton and other cards. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

Wow, yeah... that's not legit at all.  Those cards have even expired.  I reported them on ebay.

7 Gold 1 Reviews

Ha! Apparently Marriott Platinum is worth over 3x as much as Hilton Diamond.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

As said, this raises a tremendous number of red flags. By asking for your passport number, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a fishing operation designed to get various passport numbers for use in creating fake passports, that have a "legitimate" number. Anytime any stranger asks for an identifying number, from your Social Security number to a drivers license number, run, do not walk, from the situation. As a prosecutor, this is one of those situations where, if I was to be assigned a case involving a person victimized by such a scheme, it would be really hard to keep from asking "What were you thinking?" I'm actually debating whether or not to report this to the State Department.

seatexan Platinum

You should! I did just on e-bay! But I don't know how far that will go.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Who in their right mind would send them their passport number??

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...