1 2 3 9 Previous Next 131 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2016 8:42 PM by superchief1 RSS

Which is your favorite wine?

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With so many different wines to choose from, and sometimes buying a bottle only to be disappointed, which is your favorite wine/s you would recommend?  I love Merlot and Shiraz, especially from Rosemount Estate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

muppetwrangler

I'm a collector of red wines - I have over 400 bottles from numerous countries and areas.  Asking me my favorite is analogous to asking which of your children is your favorite.

If you find yourself in the Los Angeles area and want a sample It would be my pleasure to meet at a restaurant where I have no corkage agreements and we can have a meal and enjoy a bottle.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    superchief1 Platinum

I totally agree. My favorite wine is the one I am drinking at the time. There are so many good wines and all are different. I've had great wines for $8 per bottle (which cost $9 per 4 oz. glass at Marriott hotels) and bad wines for $30. Each varietal has its own characteristics. I typically prefer red wines, but have enjoyed some outstanding Chablis when I used to travel to France.

• 3. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Jsucool76 Gold

Not a huge fan of wine, but when I lived in gainesville for college, we used to get a lot of boxed wine.

• 4. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I usually get Beringer merlot or cab from 711 lol cheap and tastes great to me. when i go to restaurants i usually just pick a random red or white depending on the food. For some reason the least expensive ones tend to taste better to me though. My friend and i pick different ones, one cheap and one that is a bit pricier and we always end up liking the cheap one more.

• 5. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Jsucool76 Gold

a lot of people prefer cheaper wines.

Also, I don't see you on the houston list jm1991

We need more young people!

• 6. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

Jsucool76                   The question sir is "what is your favorite wine?"

Your two comments were:

1. i don't like wine -  there are millions of members of MR - I am sure there are many that would rather have a different beverage - we really don't need to know you don't like wine.

2. a lot of people prefer cheaper wines -  this statement of yours comes after statement number 1 - which leads me to believe that if you are not interested that much in wine why would you be so sure "allot of people prefer cheaper wines".   BTW so not to insult wine drinkers of different economic levels you should not use words "cheap wine".  None of us that like wine will drink a cheap wine (if possible) what we do is drink less expensive wines of very good quality.

I might add that your opinion of wine might in fact change if you drank affordable quality wine instead of cheap wine from a box.

• 7. Re: Which is your favorite wine?

Wow, that's a very impressive collection!  Hopefully, I'll win the 500,000 SoCal contest and I can take you up on your offer!

• 8. Re: Which is your favorite wine?

Reminds me of Trader Joe's 2 Buck Chuck.  (Mind you , that price was a while ago!)

• 9. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Jsucool76 Gold

I was using the same vernacular as was used in the post that i replied to.

I've tried plenty of wines in my life, I've never enjoyed any of them, and I know tons of people who enjoy wine, with the means to purchase the "least economical" wines you could think of, and they often go for the "most economical" because they say they prefer the taste.

Also, everything is offensive to someone. If we limit our vocabulary to words that cannot be considered offensive, we'll find ourselves sitting in silence, staring at the ground, which is in some cultures considered offensive. It's the way of the world. I'm not one to filter myself to shield someone's feelings. Saying you have over 400 bottles of red wine could be considered offensive to some people who can't afford that many bottles, so you should just refer to your collection of wine as "i have a few bottles." =]

And to answer the question (which BTW technically wasn't answered by you either), manischewitz is always my favorite, since it's basically just grape juice.

(PS: I can be kind of mean sometimes, but like I said, no filter)

• 10. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We have a few bottles of wine!

I am mostly a White Wine kid, favorite is tough to say as there are a few I enjoy:

• King Estates Chardonnay
    • Viansa Arneis and Pinot Grigio
    • Coppola Chardonnay
    • Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio

Reds I have to go with Trapiche Malbec

• 11. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

Sir, as a collector and a student of wine, your list falls in the category of well made affordable wine.  Many of which are in my inventory of everyday enjoyment.

If you will allow me, now I know your tastes, I will suggest many more in this price range as well as the same varietals that are even better!

• 12. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    seatexan Platinum

I enjoy Pinot Noir wines from the Russian River Valley area. Friday I had a Kenwood 2013 Pinot Noir.  I never would have picked out Kenwood but the guy at the store said it was pretty good.  I stay around $15-$20 on most bottles for "everyday" things.  I did enjoy it! Very light!

Now if I am going to splurge a bit, the Cakebread is amazing! But I have a hard time finding it sometimes.

I also enjoy J vineyards and The Prisoner.

Last week, I tossed 2 bottles .  There are just SO many to pick from and sometimes, I just don't pick a good one when trying new ones out.  One was called Cubo.  I had it before and I don't remember it being so bad.  Maybe it was just a fluke bottle.

misterchk any suggestions for a rose?  

• 13. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

SeaTexan

Firstly, Cakebread (actually the family name - have enjoyed private meal at their winery) is one of my favorite California Chardonnays. 

Although not a California Pinto Noir fan my wine collecting friends that are love the Pinots from Oregon. 

As you probably know the Pinot Noir grape is the red grape of Burgundy - and surprisingly I love Burgundies - it is a good example of the same grape taking on completely different tastes when grown in a different location.

I have many suggestions for you - I will compile a list of under 15 bucks that will "knock you socks off"  stay tuned.

• 14. Re: Which is your favorite wine?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My list is my list so leave it alone.....and I can afford it being under $8 a bottle for the most part and don't care if it is well made or not.  So there!

1 2 3 9 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...