6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2016 9:22 AM by bookreader RSS

Looking for Suggestions on RTJ Golf Trail

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have scored a great deal on flights from PHL down to ATL third week of March. Taking advantage of a short drive over the GA/AL border to the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail to take advantage of one of their Winter Specials before they expire a few days later. An added bonus is the high number of Marriott properties on the trail. In fact, the trail has a relationship with Marriott (RTJ Golf Trail - RTJ Resort Collection)

Looking for suggestions for which courses to play, places to stay, good watering holes, and restaurants? Given it is a quick 3 day trip I am thinking we will stay in the Birmingham, Montgomery, Opelika triangle.

IAHFLYR - I am counting on you! foxglove - not sure if you are a golfer or if you ever make the 3 hour or so drive over to Birmingham or Montgomery, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Other insiders who can offer suggestions please do.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Birmingham, Alabama, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
Opelika, Alabama, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National
Montgomery, Alabama, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center
Prattville, Alabama, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel & Conf Ctr at Capitol Hill
  • Re: Looking for Suggestions on RTJ Golf Trail
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Sorry, jakeal. There was a time I played fairly regularly, and I've played all over the Peach State and a lot in Florida, but alas, none in 'Bama.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I stayed at the Montgomery Marriott Prattville. Nice property, decent restaurant on site (The Oak Tavern). I seem to remember that there was no CL here.

I had a view overlooking the golf course, but as I arrived after dark and left before dawn (one of my crazy county collecting trips last winter - the one that ended with two flat tires) I didn't really get a good look. I do recall it was quiet out on the balcony that evening. Think I even heard an owl.

That's about all I've got.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Thanks bejacob. I do recall your trip with the flat tires. Thanks for the info on Montgomery Marriott Prattville. Will likely either stay there or Auburn Marriott Opelika one of the nights.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I will have to dig deep into the memory bank for watering holes. 

That triangle you mention would be great, Ross Bridges a must for 18, then a quick drive over to Oxmoor Valley to close out day one after spending a night at the Renaissance the night before.

bookreader Gold

I was just at the Fighting Joe and School Master in Muscle Shoals. Great courses. I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Florence. The people there were great. About a 10 minute drive to the courses.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...