1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 7, 2016 10:54 AM by deannad RSS

Please Please Please Help!

darren35 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Ok, I am a Marriott Gold Elite member with 171,000 points.  I am going to Miami in 16 days and I need 9000 more points.  FIRST, I purchased 50,000 points in January and the lady I spoke with a Marriott rewards said I could have someone give me points between Jan 1 and my stay on Feb 21.  So, no problem- my wife has 25,000 points.

Now, we log on and it says that I can only receive/purchase, etc 50,000 per year and I have reached my limit!  I very clearly asked ECHO if I could "receive" additional points from my wife and she said yes- up to another 50,000 points.  She was very clear and I have notes.

Now, the site says I have reached my max and face losing my reservation- which, by the way, was the last rewards point vacation points the hotel allowed (Marriott Stanton in Miami).  If I knew I needed to EARN 10,000 more points I would have done that in January!!

What do I do? I am very upset about this.

Thanks in advance

Darren

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Please Please Please Help!
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi darren35,

I'm sorry to hear of this experience! Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and any additional information that you've mentioned above - any screenshots of your account with these points purchased or names of people you've spoken to at Marriott or approximate dates this all took place so we can send as much information up front as possible for our Rewards team to investigate. Thank you, look forward to receiving this from you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...