1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 6, 2010 11:22 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Hoping to Save the Rainforest (TM)

iefbr14 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As I confirmed my latest reservation, a link came up asking to donate money to offset my carbon footprint. Clicking on the link goes to a page that references a group called Conservation International and "other environmental experts".

Please, Marriott International, please stick to managing hotels, and please stay focused on making hotels better.

Please, stay out of this debate, because the science is not conclusive, and to promote the findings of certain scientists as proven fact is quite presumptious.

At the very least, you should at least mention, even in smaller type if you must, the opposing side to this issue.

What does Marriott hope to achieve by spinning just one side of this issue?

Perhaps Marriott claims it is within its right to throw political issues at me under the same theory that Marriott places the book of Mormon in each room.

Come to think of it, I have NOT seen those lately!?!

So perhaps the same rationale for removing the book of Mormon from the rooms can be applied to the climate change issue, which will result in deletion of that link at the reservation confirmation page.

I'll tell you about REAL climate change: the room I had over the New Year's weekend remained at a constant 74F, even though the control was set to 60F.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hoping to Save the Rainforest (TM)
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

iefber14,

Well put!

I could not agree with you more.  

Sitting here in Orlando, at under 40 degrees, and watching news about a "Snowstorm" in England, makes me wonder about "Global warming".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...