5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2016 2:59 PM by phx_jim RSS

Winter Getaway Ideas?

phx_jim Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for a good winter getaway location (from snow-less Phoenix).  Does anyone have a recommendation for the best slope-side Marriott hotel?

Ideally, a dream-come-true room with a beautiful view of the ski hill and private outdoor hot tub...  but a really nice location and a fun snow-experience would do...

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic
  • Re: Winter Getaway Ideas?
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

You might try Tahoe; Marriott is next to ski lift and in heart of town - you can walk out of hotel and into gondola.

Also, Whistler, B.C., Canada

Marriott and Ritz Carlton near slopes in Vail, CO

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

curiousone Platinum

Park City has two MVCI facilities. The downtown MVCI is a block from the down town ski lift. The other MVCI is a few blocks away and has multiple lifts right out side the front doors. I am not a skier, but I was amazed at the number of lifts in Park City.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'd vote for Park City and the Ski-In-Out Park City, Utah Ski Villas & Mountain Resorts | Marriott's MountainSide as it a beautiful MVC with three or four huge hot tubs.  With the property right on the slope it makes it far to simple to get up each morning, snap your boots closed and step into the bindings.

Vail is also an option yet probably a bit more foo foo than Park City which isn't bad if that is what you're into.   Your accommodations and lift tickets in Vail will be higher priced and I'm just not a huge fan of Vail.  One issue you'll find is you'll more than likely have more flight options into Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) than you will Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE).  I'd bet AA has flights directly into EGE, but the cost might be higher and fewer seats available than SLC.

I do love Colorado ski country especially Summit County.  Even though Breckenridge Ski Resort | Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge is not Ski-In-Out it's a nice MVC and will be close to Copper Mountain (awesome spot), Keystone (night skiing) and A-Basin for some very extreme skiing if you desire that more than you might find at other ski areas.  You can fly into EGE and make the 90 minute drive east on I-70 or into Denver and make the about 2 hour drive west on I-70.

Let us know which direction you head off on please.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

If you'd like a little bit of French ambiance, try Mont Tremblant, Quebec.  They have an RI  that is a very short walk to the slopes.  There is a beautiful slopeside village with excellent restaurants, shopping, night life, etc.  Nearby, there is excellent x country skiing and some delightful French villages.

It's all less than two hours from Montreal.  We did it last March and had a great time. 

Mont Tremblant is not Park City, but it is an excellent mountain, with excellent snowmaking and a two thousand foot vertical drop.  We found good or excellent conditions, every day.

phx_jim Platinum 6 Reviews

Thanks to all for the great information.  We'll check out all the suggestions.

Happy travels!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...