13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2016 9:06 AM by iahflyr RSS

Lounge access when I buy on a discount site?

oosch Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi!  My first post, happy to find this site.

I bought my room on hotels.com because I had a credit to use for a Marriott in Chicago.  I am Gold Elite.

Wondering if I can still get concierge level access even when I booked on a discount site?

Thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lounge access when I buy on a discount site?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I am not sure why you wouldn't since it is based on usage the prior year

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders oosch.  Your access to the CL is based upon you either having Gold or Platinum status which you do, or if not you have a room on the Concierge Level.  Has nothing to do with what site you book your room from however; that being said the site you book from may very well have an impact on you getting credit and/or points toward Elite status.

And don't be a one poster and done Insider, we want and need new blood around here for the long haul.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Took a fast look at the benefits page and there is no mention on how the reservation must be made to receive the perks promised.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Make sure to give the front desk your MR number, and you should be good to go for CL access, even though MR may not give you points or a night's credit toward elite status since you booked through a third party.

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

The closest analog to this question that I have had is this: we took a Collette Vacations tour through MVCI.  One of the hotels on the tour was the Lisbon Marriott.  Because the tour group booked the rooms, I was pretty sure that I would not get credit for the stay.  But when we checked in, I told them at the front desk that we were Platinum Elite, and they immediately gave us access to the Concierge Lounge, and free WiFi (which otherwise would have been exorbitant).  So the answer really should be "yes," although it is possible that it is discretionary with the hotel.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What did you actually say?   Us here in Texas do not use those words nor have any clue how to find out what they actually mean.  So I will try to translate for a few others here who live in neighboring states and Georgia (foxglove, SeaTexan).

If you give your Rewards number to the front desk you might get access to the CL as well as WiFi.  Not so sure about the credit for nights/points.

How'd I do?

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders, @oosch! So happy to have you join out community. You've come to the right place to ask property and Rewards specific questions such as the one you posed here. This is also a great place to share stories, tips, insights and all things travel!

Please always feel free to reach out to mysef, carat, or deannad if you have any questions. We make up the moderators for this site and are always happy to help.

In regards to you question, I'm doing some digging into the answer and will let you know once I learn more!

Thanks for posting!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi oosch!  Welcome!  lindseyh took a deeper look for you and was able to find out that while you won't be earning Marriott Rewards credit for the room, you are still entitled to Elite benefits.  This means you will still have access to the lounge.  Hopefully this has provided clarity, but please do not hesitate to ask any additional questions.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi oosch (and other fellow Insiders) - I know from your post that you have a credit, but if you use Hotels.com or some of the other websites, you may want to keep in mind that Marriott has the "Look No Further" rate guarantee. If you book a room at a Marriott property, and then, within 24 hours find a site at the property for a lower amount, you can call in to Marriott, and, upon verification (you should give them the URL address of the lower price offer) they will adjust your price, and take, if memory serves, an additional 25% off.

oosch Gold

Thank you all - what a wonderful, welcoming group!  i appreciate the advice, and yes, i had access to the conceirge lounge!  Must appreciated and you'll definately see me around the boards!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...