11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2016 6:28 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Any additional information on roll out of Cash + Points?

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Earlier today I pinged NathalieF in the original Fab Four announcement ( Introducing the Fab Four! ), but in at the risk of making that thread any longer than it already is and the discussion getting lost there I am posting here as a question.

Guidedog613 and brightlybob both have already weighed in. From my perspective I have yet to see the new Cash + Points as an option. As far as I know the old option (mixing cash and points nights) is still available. Testing out a random Tuesday date in July in Peoria, IL (7-19-16) at the Courtyard Peoria there is a standard cash rate available ($159) as well as the option to book using points (10,000), but no ability to book using Cash + Points.

I am going to loop in carat, deannad, lindseyh, KatieC, melissaerb, and the newest team member AndrewT in the hopes they or communitymanager can shed more light on an expected roll out date.

Any additional information that can be provided moderation team?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any additional information on roll out of Cash + Points?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

AS I said in the other thread, I've not come across this in any of my searches, and I've been looking at hotels all around the UK and in Montreal, Quebec and Houston.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

jakeal,

I've been wondering the same thing.  I have not seen this option yet either and it was slated for early 2016.

Jsucool76 Gold

I've gotten hold of an secret internal marriott memo.

It basically says

1. "new cash + points will roll out march 13th, 2016.

2. The new pricing scheme will consist of charging members 50,000 points, plus the full rack rate of the room for each night they opt to use cash + points."

One of those things is made up. the other one is also made up.

or is it....

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jakeal,

We are working with the Rewards team and NathalieF on this, and will reach out as soon as we hear back.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention and thanks for your patience.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jakeal,

NathalieF & I were only able to find that more information is coming later this month, so keep an eye out for updates on this program benefit. Thanks for inquiring, sorry we do not have any more information at this time. 

njcommodore Platinum

Does anyone know if the cash + points nights will count towards megabonus? The only reason I think they might is because we're now getting elite credit.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

njcommodore,

I asked a similar question earlier this year and the answer is no.  It's my understanding that Cast + Points on the same night will be considered a rewards stay therefore not eligible towards MegaBonus promotions.  Only fully paid nights will count in the MegaBonus.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...