0 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 1:23 PM by ptdulac RSS

Grand Cayman Marriott

ptdulac Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Overall it was a very nice hotel.  The staff is more than friendly and the hotel is directly on the beach.  We stayed one full week (Dec 26 - Jan 2) and used an additional 90,000 Marriott points to purchase the "all inclusive" package.  This included all meals, drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic).  The problem was the lack of choice in restaurants...they say there are four.  And there are, but they are not all open for every meal.  For breakfast there is one choice, lunch two places and dinner varies but most of the time unless you want to participate in their "theme nights" you have one choice...and after a week it gets to the point that you've had enough.  But considering the price of the restaurants, if possible I would advise you to participate in the all inclusive.

The drinks seem watered down.  I ordered doubles all day on the beach every day and NEVER felt any effects.    If you're going with the all inclusive package make sure you order within the limits of the program.  And what they don't tell you is that they tack 25% on to every drink/food order (no exception).  And 35% onto the room charges (even while using points).

The beach is a little small and the pool is extremely small.  I say this in comparison to other Marriott resorts that we've visited (Puerto Vallarta, MX, Phuket, Thialand, and Bangkok, Thialand for example).

Again, it was very beautiful, but it will be my last visit to the Cayman islands.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...