27 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2016 5:34 AM by brightlybob RSS

Points Constantly Not Posting

greensim Platinum 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of points not posting at all or correctly?

Over the last month the track record has been:

Event - London - Not posted

Stay - Warsaw - Incorrect number of points posted

Stay - London - Not posted

Stay - Spain - Not posted

Stay - Kent - Posted but without the bonus points shown against the room rate

To cap it off I've emailed support on 13th Jan and 26th Jan and still haven't had a reply!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points Constantly Not Posting
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

While my stays have all be in the U.S. or Mexico in recent months, all points and nights were credited in a very timely manner.  Might sound silly, but always make sure your Rewards number is attached to all your activity.

If you've gotten no reply, call Customer Service then.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep, all have the reward number on, all booked through marriott.co.uk, and all showed on my reservations list, one was even a part redemption stay.  All but one of the receipts show the reward number at the top.

Might try giving them a call again.  Their standard response is to ask me to email the receipts in, which I have and am still chasing.  Crazy that it should be taking up so much of my time.

Agreed, they are most likely spending their time censoring Insider posts rather than helping get their customers their due points/nights.

The stays are slowly being corrected on my account once the customer service get to the email (apparently they are running to a 3 week backlog at the minute - despite the auto email saying 7 days!).

Still none the wiser as to why they aren't posting in the first please.  NathalieF have you any idea who can answer this for me?  When I speak to customer service they brush this point off, say that I did everything right and look more at correcting the historic ones.

peymanagement Platinum

Did you get everything eventually

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi greensim,

I noticed you hadn't posted an update on this in a while. Just wanted to reach out to see if you have received all of the points you were due.

Hi AndrewT

I've been too busy chasing up getting things posted!

Manual adjustments have now been made for all of the stays.  I'm still not clear on why they aren't auto posting, and when I ask that point gets ignored.

Latest update is the points from my MR credit card haven't posted.  They have credited on 14th of the month every month for years, but nothing this month.  I've checked with family members and theirs haven't credited either.  Has the annual rollover gone wrong and marriott are trying to keep it quiet?

Can't believe how much time i'm spending trying to sort this.

captbigguy Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm getting a "no activity for the past 30 days" in my MR overview, and when I click on the Activity link to go to the page, I get an error that it can't sign me in.  Wondering if this may be related to the issue.  I'm not seeing my account build up either.  Is there a website or network issue going on?

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've never had this problem.

dave4525 Platinum

HI yes I guess around 30% of my stays are incorrectly posted mainly due to not posting platinum elite points gift. My pet hate is when you complain your asked to get a copy of hotel bill and send it in, I am NOT Marriott a quality control officer.

dave4525 Platinum

update despite writing and leaving 3 events with incorrect points no reply from Marriott  !!

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

This is happening a lot. I won't bore you with the list but credit card credits and hotel stays and bonuses have all be credited incorrectly. The Ireland Marriott Rewards office has been 3-4 weeks behind in dealing with contacts. They are very helpful when contacted. I have raised this through these channels and been assured the issue is being addressed but I don't believe it. They should either sort the problems created by poor process or increase the number of people to fix it afterwards!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

My current bugbear is the LHR Ren, my current record is 3 for 3 "accidentally" not posted and the gods own problem to get them credited. The LHR Ren is easily the most egregious offender, and constant too. One stay is STILL outstanding

I'm so completely pig sick of this hotel not posting points or nights that I've cancelled my next visit there and rebooked at the Crowne Plaza. IHGs point posting is near foolproof. Why is Marriott not sorting this mess out?

peymanagement Platinum

Thanks for the tip, I will not book there on my next flow through.

To be really honest, peymanagement, I wouldn't cancel a rare visit to the LHR Ren due to my post.

I always say that the only redeeming feature of my work taking me to LHR is the opportunity to stay at the Ren with its excellent 7-day per week Exec lounge and runway view. The rooms have recently been properly spiffed up too. If I only got to LHR once or twice a year I'd not cancel an opportunity to stay there.

But I stay several times a year and think the best thing for ME to do here is to cancel a couple of visits, email the manager and chase this up with them, they'll still have to pay out the points to me AND lose money from my cancelled stays which will hopefully lead them to do something, instead of the current nothing.

So, yes, getting the points is painful at LHR Ren, but it's worth the hassle for its spiffed rooms, excellent exec lounge and great runway views!

I left the Monterey, California, Marriott last Saturday and my points/nights were posted to my Marriott Rewards account on Sunday afternoon.....yes the day after.

I Checked out of the Peterborough Marriott on Sunday and points posted on Monday

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Must admit, I have rarely had problems.  Mine are usually posted the day after here in the UK too.  The only times I recall having to get points corrected involved the same scenario.  Two rooms booked under my Rewards number as we were staying with friends and the points and elite nights were wrong.  For instance, one hotel we stayed for 9 nights, the friends came for 4.  I didn't get the points for their room - even though I paid - but was awarded 4 nights instead of 9.  Weird!  But even those errors got sorted out in a couple of days.

Yes, I find it's mostly right but I'm still getting significant point-shorting two or three times a year and at least one missing stay most years. That's out of around 30 stays per year. Keeping track of it is a pain and I don't see why it's necessary, as IHG have an excellent system that never shorts or misses stays, so it can be done!

Still prefer my Marriotts though

dave4525 Platinum

POints not posted but then posted later after complaining should be doubled this will act as a disincentive for not posting.

My pet hate is I have to run around collecting old hotel invoices and scanning them to customer services ,why is it my job to correct Marriott errors.

Nnow theres something I can agree on! It is a pain to chase up old folios and forward them to Marriott, then follow up. I agree, any missing stays or egregious point-shorting by say 1,000 points or more should be compensated by doubling the missing points. Hopefully that would disincentivise what seems to be becoming an ever more present problem

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I never thought of that!  But it is very pertinent.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...