10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2016 7:42 PM by jerryl RSS

Anyone stay at the new Envoy Hotel in Boston?

rhoke813 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am traveling to Boston with my daughter in April for a college tour. We will be staying for 2 nights at the Residence Inn by Fenway which is conveniently located next to Berklee college of music where we are visiting. After that I wanted to spend 2 nights by the water and tour downtown Boston without breaking the bank too much. The new Envoy looks very cool. I have a reservation there, hoping for an upgrade when we arrive. I am wondering if there is a club at this hotel for evening cocktails/hors d'oevres, etc. Anyone have any information for this place?

Thanks so much!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Boston Back Bay/Fenway
  • Re: Anyone stay at the new Envoy Hotel in Boston?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I don't know that place but have stayed at Marriott long wharf and it is a great hotel walking distance to Faneuil hall and north end

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

The RI is a fairly new hotel in a great location for the Back Bay, which includes so many colleges and other sights.  Be certain that you get to Fenway  Park if the Sox are in town. I have not stayed at this hotel, but I am considering it for my next trip to Boston.

Be certain to eat in The North End in one of the locally owned Italian delights.  Avoid all national chains!!! 

Thank you! Give me some Italian restaurant recommendations! I LOVE great Italian!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

For pizza www.anticofornoboston.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=antico+forno+boston&ie=&oe=

or Regina Pizzeria - Boston's best pizza since 1926  Both of these serve pizza that is unsurpassed, anywhere, in my opinion.  I prefer Regina's sauce but Antico Forno wins on crust.

Antico Forno also has wonderful pastas, etc.

After you eat, wander the streets of the North End and stop in one of the great Italian bakeries for a great cannoli.

In truth, wandering the streets and just picking a small restaurant that smells good works well in this neighborhood, but it tends to be very busy on weekend nights. 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Regina's is great and they will give you bottles of fresh olive oil to put on it. It really makes it better. Go to Mike's pastry after for a great variety of Cannoli's but be prepared to order when you get to your time as they will move on the next person

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Nico Ristorante on Hanover Street has never disappointed!!!  The space is tight and can get very very busy (pretty much true for most of the restaurants in the North End) but is definitely GREAT food!!!

We are here now. Just finishing our stay at the RI by Fenway. It's a wonderful hotel in a great location with excellent service. We were not disappointed at all and the hotel seems brand new. We are headed to The Envoy in the next couple of hours and plan to eat in Little Italy this evening. Anyone have some tourist "must-do's" for my 16 year old daughter and me for today and tomorrow? Thinking about the aquarium and walking around by Old North Church, etc.

AZDesertRat Platinum

Limitless things to enjoy in Boston.  Two restaurants in the North End we enjoyed in March 2015 were the Neptune Oyster and Limoncello.  The Neptune Oyster (63 Salem Street) is very small, seats about 20 people at tables and another dozen at the counter and is a long wait at regular meal times.  Why go, then?  You will get the freshest, best lobster there we had in Boston - order the lobster roll - which is big enough to split, but you won't want to.  Go there before or after peak meal times - it's worth it.  Limoncello's was started by a busboy who hit the lottery and used his mama's recipes to start the business.  We learned of it from 2 guys at Limoncello's who were having lobster and oysters at Neptune and then dinner at Limoncello's before the Boston Bruins game.  Mama knew what she was doing - good Italian food.  [We were very disappointed with the lobster at Legal Seafood, although their clam chowder was good.]

The Aquarium is fabulous - give it some time as there is so much to enjoy there.  Another good experience is the boat from the waterfront area to the USS Constitution ("Old Ironsides").  The Old State House is a great museum to learn about the revolutionary days.  The Old North Church  is well worth seeing, as is the Bunker Hill monument.  Long, tiring climb to the top, but views are fantastic.

One last suggestion I should have started with.  We stayed a week at Marriott's Custom House (a Vacation Club property, two blocks from the aquarium/waterfront).  The building is a treasure - a living museum of Boston history.  Go in it and at least wander around.  Ask the concierge for information.  A tour is given guests several times a week, so you may get lucky if you can get in on that.  The view from the observation deck on the 24th floor is fantastic and open to the public in the afternoon.  This place is special and should not be missed by visitors to Boston.

Have a great time and let us know how your visit goes!

Wow thank you for the great info! We will check out Neptune oyster for sure! As well as all of your other recommendations!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...