4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2016 7:40 AM by brightlybob RSS

Platinum and Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place

jsharrin55 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Guys,

New here and just looking to figure a few things out.  I made platinum last year (starting the current job in June) and had 44 rollover nights to give you an idea and another ~65 nights planned through April.  I've been a Rewards Member for years (2001), but have never been more than Silver before this new job.

Planing a trip to Brussels (for pleasure this time)  and see a few points options:

Marriott Rewards Redemption: 40K per night

Deluxe room, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)

Marriott Rewards Redemption with Points Upgrade: 45K per night

Club Room, Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)

If I am a Platinum Elite member won't I get lounge access already? 

I see there were questions in the past about the lounge being open weekends.  It was confirmed open, but that was 2012/2013.  Does anyone know if there are any changes?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum and Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Yes, you get access already as a platinum, so no need to pay extra.  Yes, it is open on the weekend unlike most CLs in the US.  If you have any flexibility as to dates, may I suggest visiting August 12-15 when the flower carpet will be on display?  They only do this every other year, and it's honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen while traveling, and I've done a lot of traveling.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jsharrin55 Platinum 21 Reviews

It appears my wife will be going back, so maybe one day I will see the flower carpet.  The Brussels Marriott was very nice and I got exactly what you said.  Thanks for the response.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

AAlways great to hear an update. Pleased you enjoyed Brussels and the Marriott, which is one of my favourite hotels, we'll run and excellently positioned, with a nice exec lounge too!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

You should get lounge access and you might get upgraded if you pick the cheaper option.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...