2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2016 5:18 PM by seatexan RSS

Account Tampering

piesafejeg Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I logged in today to book a few nights. At the confirmation screen my email had been changed. Looking further my phone number had been changed as well. No points were taken or room certificates.

Called the rewards center and had my info changed back. Was asked to add a pin to increase the security.

Be aware.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Account Tampering
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Yikes! That is scary to hear, piesafejeg. Having your personal information viewed or tampered with is always worrisome. I'm happy to hear that the Rewards team was able to help you resolve this and that nothing was taken! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Account Tampering
    seatexan Platinum

How does that even happen?  Wouldn't they need to figure out your password to log in and change info?  Scary!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...