6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2016 6:17 PM by ugadawgs89 RSS

Add spouse to account?

ugadawgs89 Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone know if you're able to add your spouse to your Rewards account?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Add spouse to account?
    fistuk Platinum

I don't think it's possible.

Reward accounts are personal and can't be shared.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks. That's what I figured, but thought I'd ask.

letlowjl Gold

However, your wife can get her own account. I believe under the new rules family members can combine points.  However I don't think you can combine elite nights.

One advantage of having 2 accounts is that you can both take part in the mega bonus. She can also get the Marriott credit card and collect 50,000 points that you can both share

If you are collecting elite nights, it is best to use one account most of the time and to put them in one basket.

It's my husband, but thanks for the reply.

peymanagement Platinum

Hi, this subject has been part of several threads on here. Go up to search and put in "spouse". You will get a lot of useful info.

My recollection of the past discussion is there is no provision for joint ownership of your account but there is some provision for points to be transferred to spouse in event of your death. Late last year, Marriott also opened a more liberal provision to transfer points including our ability to transfer 60000 points/a to children (or anyone else I believe),

vertol46 Platinum

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/buy-donate.mi

I'm thinking of getting my wife to sign up for her account so we can transfer points. Might work well with credit card sign-up bonuses.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...