2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2016 1:00 PM by ericajarret RSS

Upgrades? (Renaissance Chicago)

ericajarret Gold
Currently Being Moderated

This board has helped me choose our hotel for our May trip to Chicago- thank you!

I booked the Renaissance Chicago (Wacker) with points. Unfortunately, I was only able to book a standard room.

As we are traveling with our two children (ages 8 & 4) for 5 nights/6 days, it would be very helpful to have a room that is bigger than a standard room. I do not have a problem using points or paying for a bigger room. I have read on here that it doesn't hurt to call the hotel directly and ask to speak to guest relations. I tried that but believe I ended up getting transferred to central reservations. The agent told me that she put a request for an upgrade on our reservation but that was all she could do. Does anyone have any tips or advice (or direct e-mails/numbers))? I have no idea if it matters or not, but we are Gold members.

It was between the Renaissance and the Residence Inn on Dearborn (for the extra space) but after reading so much on these boards, we decided to go for the Renaissance.

Thanks so much in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, IL, USA
renaissance
  • Re: Upgrades? (Renaissance Chicago)
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

ericajarret,

I'd recommend that you call the hotel back and ask for the Front Desk Manager.  When you get in contact with that person explain your situation of the need for a larger room and see what they offer.  They may do it for nothing or might ask you to pay either with a cash upgrade or points, either way you'll get a better result.

Not sure if this holds true as I have not called a hotel and asked for "reservations", but I would imagine they will transfer you do central reservations.

Give it a try and let us know how you come out.  We've loved this hotel every time we've stayed at in while in Chicago.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrades? (Renaissance Chicago)
      ericajarret Gold

I spoke with a very helpful employee who put in a request. Thank you so much for the advice!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...