1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 31, 2016 10:40 AM by carat RSS

Heidelberg Marriott Hotel

millercubed Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This hotel is not what you would expect of a Marriott.  I am platinum premier/lifetime platinum member and have stayed in Marriotts around the world including in other German cities. You typically experience a Mariott greeting in every hotel no matter if it is in the US or another location throughout the world. I stayed in Heidelberg with my spouse over Christmas (12/23-12/29) while visiting family that live in Heidelberg.  We were greeted with a very impersonal and cold, what can I help you with. Marriott always calls the room shortly after arriving to see if everything is ok, this did not happen. This hotel is very German rather then what you would expect in a Mariott. It has little in the way of temperature control. It was in the 30-50 degree fahrenheit range our entire trip. I am the kind of person that is always cold. We turned the heat completely off and had the window open the entire week we were there. The lounge was closed for the entire time though they did try to make up for this by giving us free breakfast in the restaurant, vouchers for drinks in the bar and the mini bar for free. However they closed the restaurant for a private event 2 days without any notification other then a little sign that they put out in the morning.  So that when we came down for breakfast in the morning we found the restaurant closed.  One would think that you would inform a guest at check-in and leave a letter in the room if you were changing the times for breakfast (especially since this breakfast was to replace the one from the closed lounge).  The food in the restaurant was inconsistent and the man making food at the omelet station made derogatory statements about "americans" in German not knowing that we spoke German. The bar we were given the vouchers for was closed many of the nights we were there.  The hotel is in desperate need of a facelift and heavy deep cleaning.  Though we were told we had an "upgraded" room it was smaller then any Marriott room I have ever been in. The pool area looked like it had not been cleaned in at lest a week and the carpeting throughout the hotel needed to be cleaned/replaced. They knew we were not happy and they did move our room to one that was a little cooler and was at least off the street so we didn't get road noise since we needed to leave the window open.  The hotel website needs to be updated.  It states the hotel has air conditioning and this is not true.  It has an German air exchange system and can not be controlled in the room. BothIt is centrally controlled by a computer.  The rooms have  thermostat giving the impression that you can control the room temperature, but it didn't do anything other then control the blower fan. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany Marriott Hotels & Resorts Heidelberg Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Heidelberg Marriott Hotel
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi millercubed.  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  You've probably taken a look around our forum and have seen that this is a great place to discuss all things travel related.  It is also a great spot to share your travel recommendations and experiences.  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with lindseyh and deannad.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We're here to help!

We'd like to apologize for your frustrating stay.  I'd also like to pass your comments along to the appropriate team for review.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance.

Again, welcome to the community!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...