This discussion is locked
11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2016 2:43 PM by tilyt RSS

Status match or challenge for SPG Platinum

zerokol Member
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi All!

I am currently SPG Platinum. I am planning to travel to several cities in Russia, where only Marriott hotels is present. As Marriott bought SPG, I would like to enquire about possible status match or challenge to get Gold Elite status.

PGen

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Status match or challenge for SPG Platinum
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi zerokol!  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  As you may have seen, this is a great place to talk about all things travel related.  From sharing your recommendations and experiences, to learning the ins and outs of the Rewards program.  We cover it all!  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, sounds like you've got some exciting travel coming up.  While we do not offer status matches, we do offer status challenges.  This invites the member to earn the next level status by completing a given amount of stays within a four month period.  If this is something you are interested in, please send me a private message with your Rewards number.  I will be able to check and see which challenge you are eligible for as well as provide additional details. 

Again, welcome!  Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum

If you've seen that Hilton is matching status with no hassle, Marriott Mgmt should think again about sticking to their guns about not matching status. For some Plat for life like myself, it's tempting to try the other guys considering I'm now instantly Diamond. Just my 2c!

tilyt Platinum

Carat, I have tried to private message you but it does not seem to send. I get an orange bar along the bottom of the screen that doesnt say anything except "close". The message never seems to send. Could you please contact me regarding a challenge. thanks.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The Marriott SPG deal is agreed but not yet finalised, it is expected to complete in approx June. Only at that point will Marriott have purchased SPG, and because Marriotts share price has tanked about 20% since the agreement, the deal is vulnerable to a cash buyer emerging.

Once the deal completes I'd imagine there will be a fairly swift cross group offer pending the emergence of a joint program which will take at least 18 months to arrange. The cross offer is likely to be some kind of status matching between the 2 schemes. Whatever it is however will not emerge until the ink has dried and this still a few months away.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Mr B Sir

Are you not tired of explaining that to so many at regular intervals.,

Please place this explanation in manuscript form and I will have it formally published.

Then we can offer it for sale!  Might as well turn your explanations into a profit center.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

DDon't you ever sleep misterchk?

I'm beginning to think the dark side to which you try to tempt the newbs is in fact one of vampire-dogs.

BUt yes, I'll maybe start a copy and paste on this as I reckon we've got 5 months of this question repeatedly turning up!

Oh, and welcome, zerokol - I'm one of the good guys, along with bejacob and foxglove. Beware the dark side led by tweedledum misterchk and his teammate, tweedledumberer IAHFLYR

Platinum 28 Reviews

brightlybob

Normally I would trust you with the reason for my unusual sleeping habits.  Unfortunately to do so would require me to violate an agreement with the U.S. Government and would breach information dealing with national security.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

WOW, gone a few days and the **** is still flyin around!!

brightlybob, both misterchk and myself are actually tweedledumberer 1 and 2!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Funny thing, Marriott has censored my post above with the famous **** for the simple word C R A P!  Really Marriott, you guys are so over the top with nonsense yet won't even respond to the hotel review issue in other threads. 

Now that's **** ****.  Go figure out what that is.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Must...resist...forces...of...darkness...

dark side.jpg

No! Stop where you are!! Don't go toward the dark!!

Welcome to MRI, Jedi zerokol. Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...