12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2016 6:32 PM by misterchk RSS

What does it take to make a post...

NVB78 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

can some one tell me who these moderators are and what they are looking for in my posts and why they are delaying the posting?  I have posted noting except info on what I received on the promotion along with a question on the promotion, Along with answering a survey of do I stay in more Marriott that have perks for Platinum or not. Then my comment on i have never seen this pin people.  Have I violated some type of policy on this site?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What does it take to make a post...
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Hi, NVB78. Welcome to MRI and thanks for participating and posting. The moderators are part of the MRI team who monitor discussions and provide advice and help when needed. All new MRI members' posts are moderated for a short time, primarily to ensure the poster isn't a spammer. Once you've been posting for a while, the moderation is no longer needed. Our NathalieF posted this a while back to explain the reason for moderation:

Why is my post ‘awaiting approval’?

You've violated no policies; it's just part of the program for all new members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

A top of the line answer from one of the elder statesmen!!

I'm still at a loss as to why my posts are not moderated and delayed, do they not know who I am?

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

They let misterchk post, so that means you are in the clear.  (I know you try to emulate Chuck, but the truth is that he is the champ in this area and if his stuff gets in, so can yours!)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Sorry, no emulating anyone......just another side to find on the "Dark Side".

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR you moved to the "Dark Side" the moment you started associating with me.  You are now considered by the moderators "guilty" by association. 

The good news is we have infiltrated the highest levels of Marriott and our operatives are so well placed that they allow all posts of my compatriots thru without delay.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for providing such a helpful response, foxglove! You're spot on.

NVB78 - Welcome to Insiders! I'm very excited to have you join our community and to see you jumping in. Please feel free to reach out to myself, carat or deannad with any questions or issues come run into. We make up the moderation team on the forum and are always happy to help. I have also attached the Getting Started Guide below, which may also help answer some of your questions as you get familiar with the site.

Getting Started Guide

seatexan Platinum

NVB78 It took me a while to figure this out too!  I could not even send a PM (private message).  This was only a few days ago I figured it out.  Keep posting !

gingerbreadmanwv Platinum

Having problems private messaging.... can you enlighten me on how it is done.

seatexan Platinum

I sent you a PM - I think you need to get more credits.   I had issue with that too until the admins here decided I was a real person and not a spammer.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

This is fairly recent, IME. Over the past few months we were getting spammed by people who would create an ID then flood the site with some Korean writing. Don't know if it was real or Gibberish. But thread after thread would be flooded with this ****. So now if you are a new poster then the mods have to review your post. Once you've been around for a while your posts aren't reviewed anymore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...