4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2016 11:19 AM by lawrie RSS

Rollover Days

lawrie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi there,

Anyone know what the deal is for rollover days. In 2015, I was way over the 75 required for platinum but my 2016 total days shows zero. I expected it to be my closing balance less 75. Maybe I read the rules wrong.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover Days
    guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Did you have any roll over nights from the year before that were added last year to get you to over 75 nights?  Marriott will subtract any previous roll over as well as the 75 nights required for Plat then whatever is left is rolled over to 2016. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Yes, there's lots  threads about this both here and on Flyertalk.

Say you stay 90 nights in 2014, youll rollover 15 (90-75=15) to 2015.

If you then stay 65 nights in 2015, you'll retain plat for 2016 even though you've not managed to stay the required 75 nights because with 2014s 15 rollover nights your counter will show a total of 80. But you'll have nothing to rollover to 2016 as rollover nights cant rollover twice and hence the 15 nights from 2014 don't count for 2016 rollover.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Look over How to Calculate Rollover Nights for some examples. Like the replies above have suggested, the most likely reason you have 0 nights to start the year is due to expiring rollover nights from 2014. Unfortunately since they've disappeared from your "nights" count, the only way to know for sure would be to call customers service.

lawrie Platinum

Thanks for the replies. I didn't have any rollover nights from 2014 so I'll have to keep digging.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...