4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2016 5:48 PM by renaissanceman1944 RSS

Courtyard in NYC

pilam76 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone give me any reviews on either the courtyard Times Square and courtyard herald square?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, Manhattan
  • Re: Courtyard in NYC
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I stayed in Times Square several years ago, before becoming Platinum.  It was an excellent hotel with a great location, though I now, rarely, stay at any CY.  The free breakfast at other Marriott chains makes them more appealing than CY.

CY serves an inferior breakfast and charges for it.  The other FS chains include breakfast for Gold and Platinum while RI and FFI include breakfast for everyone.  I stay at CY only when it is the only available Marriott option.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That is pretty much become my thoughts as well phctourist, but I will throw another wet blanket (pun intended) on CY as their beds are just not comfortable when compared to RI and of course FS properties. 

The one caveat I must admit, haven't been in a CY in over a year so maybe they have upgraded the mattresses or maybe not.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I probably stay at CY less than once a year.  I hadn't noticed the mattresses as a problem, though.  My big complaint is the food situation and the lack of perks for Platinum.

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

pilam76...I stay at the CY on 53rd and 3rd quite often when there is no availability at the Marriott East Side as it is only 2 blocks from my NYC office.  I really like this CY as it seems to be more upscale than the usual CY's elsewhere.  I've been lucky to get corner rooms on the top floor, the last few times I stayed there and really enjoyed the view as well as the larger room.  Great restaurants all around and real close to all the tourist sites if that is what you are looking for.  You might want to check it out sometime.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...