3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2010 3:33 PM by frognine RSS

Puerto Vallarta

mathgrl Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta, NEAR the Casa Magna Marriott, where I can host a group of approximately 40-50 people.  I'd like a waterfront location, but that's not an absolute.  Any suggestions?

• Re: Puerto Vallarta
    wringwraith Platinum

My wife and four college age kids make a trip every year at Christmas to, most often, the islands or Mexico (sun).  It is the best time for everyone to get together and it allows us to avoid all the headaches of Christmas!

This year PV and it was the best in the past 10 years.  The Marriott was a bit dated but very nice.  The restaurants in the town were tremendous and roughly half the cost of some of the Carribean restaurants.

I highly recommend Pepi's in the town area and the Argentinean restaurant at the marina nearby the Marriott Casa.  I would also recommend taking a sail with 'Chuey' on one of his charters.  He and his mate are first rate and less expensive than many others.

The pool area at Casa is super and the colored drinks seem to be made with 'gusto' while not over priced.

If anyone wants phone numbers or any additional restaurants just ask.  By the way, the Argentinian Restaurant has a great view of the boats and the marina - some huge yachts - and could handle the larger parties.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

larrysd Silver

Try Cafe des Artistes.  I have hosted my companies corporate anniversary party there.  Not cheap, but worth every buck!

Managers name was Polo.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

frognine Platinum

Good information on the restaurants.  We will be arriving in Puerto Vallarta this coming Tuesday for seven nights and like to try different restaurants in the evening.

We are now planning a charter with "Chuey" based on one of the posts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...