6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2016 12:52 PM by brightlybob RSS

Looking up Category Hotels on Marriott website - UGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Please help.

There must be a very simple way to search Category Hotels on the website...right? Please direct. I know I have done this before but I cannot seem to locate it which means it is NOT very user friendly.

I would suggest the IT folks at Marriott create a drop-down box when searching hotels that a customer could use to easily search for hotels based on Categories. I also think this would be very important given the upcoming promotion will certainly create similar questions and thus being more pro-active will benefit everyone. Thanks.

BTW...why is mandatory to add a 'Tag' since some questions are not related to a specific location...curious.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
  • Re: Looking up Category Hotels on Marriott website - UGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    seatexan Platinum

If I just want a general idea and I do not know the dates or place I will be staying, I use google.

"Marriott hotel categories 5" or "Marriott hotel categories 7"  Insert whatever number you would like.  It's a pain but I don't know any other way to find them on the site.

If I know the city and the date, then I use the filter on the right side after I enter the search.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

Ok I found another way!

Go to Marriott > Click "Menu" way over on the upper left > click + find and reserve > find a hotel

then you will be looking at this page...

Hotel Direct.png

see "Hotel Directory" at the bottom?  Click that and then to the right there will be a filter "Hotel Rewards Category"

I hope this helps! You sure have to click a lot of things to find a category!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IF you carry out a search for a city or state, once the results come up, see the right side of the page and you can narrow the list down by category. Alternatively go to the top of the list and change the order from city to reward, and it'll list the cost by cheapest award redemption to most expensive.

ALso, the reason why you have to tag a destination to post your question is because you posted it in the "destination" section of the site, typically used to discuss specific destinations, cities or hotels. You wouldnt have needed to tag a destination I'd you'd posted it in the marriott rewards section instead.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...