4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2016 1:32 PM by flynhokie RSS

10 year anniversary trip to Caribbean or Mexico using points?

flynhokie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all,

I'm looking to use my points for a 4-5 night stay at an all inclusive in the Caribbean or Mexico.  A little get away for my wife and I from the kids.

I've looked at the Marriott All Inclusive places in both locations, but can't find any means of redeeming points for a stay there.

1) Which all inclusive resorts allow point redemption stays

2) Which one would you recommend.  Ideally, someplace on the beach, with great food, and outdoor activities (swimming, beach lounging, snorkeling, hiking, people watching, etc.)

Thanks for the information and recommendations!

FlynHokie

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mexico
Carribean
  • Re: 10 year anniversary trip to Caribbean or Mexico using points?
    vertol46 Platinum

When you select a resort and the dates, click on the box "Use Rewards points," and you should see how many points are required for your visit. If your dates are flexible, you can check that box, and you'll see how many points are required for various check-in dates. Caribbean resorts that have caught my attention are the Ritz in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and both the Marriott and Ritz on Grand Cayman. Haven't looked into resorts in Mexico. Good luck. Might see you at one of them!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Oh man, would I love to be in Mexico or the Caribbean right now. Sounds amazing.

I've reached out to our team to see if they can provide any insight into redemption stays at resorts. I'll let you know what they respond with.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi flynhokielindseyh has done a little research for you and was able to find out the following:

Members are not eligible to redeem points for an all inclusive reservation.  Member's will only be able to use the points to book the room, depending on the hotel's availability.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

flynhokie Platinum

Thanks All.

Anyone done the Scrub Island Resort Marina & Spa?  It looks nice and secluded, in the BVI's so it should be close to good scuba & restaurants?  Thoughts?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...