7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2016 5:27 PM by iahflyr RSS

Maui Vacation Club -- No Rewards Availability Through December

tsjesq Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

A colleague--who is also a Platinum Member--is trying to book one of the Maui vacation clubs with his points from November 17 to November 24, 2016.  Unfortunately, there is no reward availability at any time during or around these dates.  I thought there was a no-blackout policy.  Please advise.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maui Vacation Club -- No Rewards Availability Through December
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tsjesq,

The no blackout dates policy means you can redeem your Rewards for a vacation wherever you want wherever you want. Please note that some hotels may limit the number of standard rooms available for redemption on a limited number of days. If you click on the following link, #13 under Rewards reads as follows:

Rewards Terms and Conditions

The following properties either do not participate in or do not fully participate in "No Blackout Dates" at this time:

• Boscolo Hotels, Autograph Collection
    • Camelback Inn, A JW Marriott Resort and Spa, Scottsdale, AZ
    • Marriott Vacation Club – all locations
    • Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora, Rome, Italy
    • Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
    • Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Hawaii

Hope this helps explain further, since you were asking about a Vacation club.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The Maui MVC is notorious for having the calendar splattered all over with the "not available for check-in" messages.

tsjesq Platinum

Is there a solution?  We are talking about a reservation 11 months in advance, which is reasonable notice. 

Just the way this property seems to operate and such a shame as it has a beautiful spot along the beach. 

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The other thing to remember is that many Vacation Clubs hold back a lot of dates for owners. Once owners have had their choice, the remaining inventory is available to everyone else. I suspect that's what's going on with the Ocean Club right now. Booking early at VC properties is not always to your advantage. GIve it a few months. It might also be worth thinking about an alternative property if this is still a problem 4-6 months before the stay.

Excellent advise bejacob.  Might be good for a last minute trip decision also as we did love the resort as well as being able to go to the Fish Market just past Times Supermarket to get some incredible Butterfish to grill a couple of nights!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I recall finding the same thing when I was looking to stay there last September. My advice is to keep checking back. I don't recall when in my planning process it happened, but I was able to secure a booking on points at the Maui Ocean Club despite initially finding nothing available on points during my chosen dates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...