4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2010 3:57 PM by submannuc RSS

Vacation Planning

beachgal Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, My husband and I are beginning to plan our next beach vacation.  When I was on the Marriott website I saw a photo of beach front villas or huts, but it did not say what hotel or country this was in.  We plan to travel with Marriott and are trying to figure out where this photo was taken.  It looks like a tropical island with water front bungalows.  If you have any ideas let me know.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations of a fantastic resort, beach front location.  We would love some suggestions.  We have previously stayed at JW Marriott Cancun, Westin St. Martin, a Jamaican all inclusive, and various others.  We love to relax, but also enjoy sightseeing or maybe zip lining.

The Costa Rica JW looks very interesting, anyone visited there?  Any feedback?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

• Re: Vacation Planning
    platinum4ever Platinum 1 Reviews

Have you been to Hawaii?  My wife and I have had wonderful beach vacations at the Kauai Marriott Resort and Beach Club, the Marriott Wailea on Maui and at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii.  So much so that I will probably land on a Hawaiian Island sometime in 2010!

We also enjoyed Marriott beach vacations on Bermuda and Barbados, but unfortunately those hotels were either closed, renovated and/or moved to other hotel management chains.

Stateside, I recommend the Marco Island Marriott on the Gulf side of Florida.

Enjoy,

Platinum4Ever

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

canuckinsider Gold

my wife and I stayed at the JW Guanacaste for our honeymoon and it was outstanding! Very relaxing, ocean front with quite beach. We are planning to return next year. The restaurants on site were a bit pricy but the sushi was excellent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

anagisela Silver

WE HAVE JUST RETURNED FROM ARUBA SURF CLUB AND WAS THE BEST PLACE I´D EVER BEEN. THE RESORT IS WONDERFULL. THE APARTMENTS ALL NEW RE FURNISHED. YOU HAVE LOT OF AMENITIES. PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE. THE ISLAND IS BEAUTIFULL AND THE WEATHER IS ALWAYS WARM. I WILL RETURN FOR SURE !! 

submannuc Gold

Hi Beach Gal

There are some great ones in HI on both Maui and Oahu.

happy and safe travels

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...