11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2016 2:42 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Tell me about Marriott Copenhagen

homoviator Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Planning a surprise trip for my mom for her 70th birthday to the Marriott in Copenhagen. I'm trying to figure out if the concierge lounge is open on weekends there (I've heard that it stays open on the weekends but not positive)

If so, what's the quality of the breakfast? Enough for a 'real' breakfast? I'm trying to figure out if I should just go ahead and pay for the buffet breakfast.

If it is closed, is there any advantage of paying for an upgraded room to the concierge level (besides being higher and possibly a better view)?

If it is closed, as a platinum member, we'd still get the free continental breakfast, right?

Lastly, any suggestions. She loves to walk and sit on boats. both will happen not his trip, but specific suggestions would be great.

Thanks for your help. The hotel looks like it will make for a fun three-day weekend.

I'll report back on the trip

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Copenhagen, Denmark Marriott Hotels & Resorts Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Tell me about Marriott Copenhagen
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Wow! What a nice surprise, homoviator! Copenhagen is on my list of places to go, so at this point I do not have any advice to give on things to do or see. I'm sure some of our other veteran Insiders have some good tips to share though!

I can, however, look into your question around the concierge lounge being open on the weekends. Hold tight while I do some digging.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fistuk Platinum

I've stayed in this hotel not too long ago:

It's a very good hotel with good service for its guests, especially platinum ones. I hardly remember about the lounge hours but that's very easy to find out by calling the hotel.

Breakfast is very good! Whether the lounge is closed or not you can get it in the hotel's restaurant anyhow.

I booked the regular room and was upgraded to a better room with a gorgeous view on the canal - The view definitely worth it!!

Taking a boat tour on the canal and between the small canals which reside it is highly recommended!!!

Here are some photos I took from my room and the lounge, so you'll have an idea about the view:

20140425_154139.jpg

20140425_154147.jpg

20140425_154158.jpg

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I love Copenhagen and the Marriott there! I've stayed 3 times, every time at the weekend and can confirm the lounge most definitely opens all weekend,with a 4-hour free Carlsberg and wine bar. Exec lounge food is Scandinavian so hope you enjoy cold fish! It's a great lounge in a fab hotel. You'll love it!

Weekend exec lounge breakfast is taken in the restaurant, so it's the full one. The Danish pastries are particularly delicious.

letlowjl Gold

I have stayed at this hotel.  It's great.  One side of the hotel faces the water and the other faces the city.  I would recommend the water side--however the city side faces Tivoli gardens and you can see the lightss at night.

Canal cruise-I highly recommend this too.  The good thing s that the boat comes directly up to the hotel and you can get tickets at the hotel.  image.jpgYou get to see the Little Mermaid,Nyhaven etc. as well as a view from the water.

Breakfast-Cost is around $35 per person in the restaurant and it's a full one- So if you get it with CL that is great.  I have included a picture of some of the loal stuff I tried (pickled herring etc.) but there is much more.

Tivoli-a few blocks-Costs to get in but a nice walk through and some nice restaurants there

Nyhaven-one of the things to see and the canal cruise stops there.Don't know if you can get on or off.

I know this pic. does not look appetizing but it was my attempt at trying local foods.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi homoviator! lindseyh did some digging and was able to find out the following:

At the Copenhagen Marriott on Kalvebrod Brygge, the concierge is open on weekends from 6am - 11am for breakfast, from 3pm - 530pm for tea & pastries, and from 530pm - 730pm for hors d'oeuvres staying open until 9pm for happy hour. For additional questions, you can reach out to the hotel directly by emailing, dane@cphmarriott.dk.  If you have a different property in mind, let us know.

klbe Gold

I See that carat has answered your question about the CL so I trust you are on top of that. I have only been to that Marriott  one time where I was celebrating New Year's Eve (four years ago and haven't even stayed the night.). I should however be able to give you some insider tips since I originally is from Copengaged ;-)

If you want a great local experience which involves food (and if you have to pay for breakfast anyway), go to a cafe at 'Straedet' a morning in the weekend (not to confuse with 'Strøget' which is the pedestrian street - in fact the longest in Northern Europe). Strædet is the name of the street (and it has that Danish letter which in English is like AE). it is common for locals to have brunch at cafees during the weekend and it is very good. Price could range from $15-$25 depending on where you go. The said street is a street with many cafes.

as another person said, Tivoli gardens is a nice place and is the worlda second oldest amusement park. Do you know where the oldest is? It is in Klampenborg about 20-25 min north of Copenhagen (by train). It is called Bakken and has no entrance fee and located in the woods. depending on the season it is a nice place to go also.

you should also go to Nyhavn - it is walkable from your hotel (maybe 2 miles). It is not a bad walk if you start at the main square/city hall and walk along Stoeget (strøget) down to Kings Square and then finally Nyhavn. The little mermaid is a must but a too far walk (you can take a bus/train).

As an American (assuming you are...) you will most likely not purchase too much clothing etc due to the crazy high prizes. Should you however find something (anything) in the Magasin department store (like Nordstrom) you will get 10% off just by showing your American ID. You can further get some of the sales tax back if you ask for a 'tax back receipt' and have it stamped at customs in the airport when you fly out. They will provide you with an envelope and so on, it is very easy But you have to take the time for it. There is 25% sales tax on Everything... And I mean everything, so getting 10% off + say 15% tax back (often the fees) prices becomes suddenly more competitive. Sorry, sales tax on cars are between 150-180%  so not everything is 25%.

this become a rather long response... Sorry :-) let me know if you need any other tips or recommendations!

homoviator Platinum

Thank you everybody for such great responses. There were very thoughtful and have made me even more eager to go.  I was hesitant to stay there at first and was thinking of going to the Renaissance in Malmo, but with recent passport checks now at the border, it doesn't seem as swift to get between the two towns/countries.

I will finally get to enjoy the concierge lounge.  I've never made it to one even after nearly 200 nights at Marriotts. And to top it off, this one sounds lovely.

I'll report back on how it goes.

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

We stayed there a few years ago and had a wonderful experience.  The property is near public transportation, but not right in the heart of things.  We were also upgraded to the canal view and enjoyed our room, as well as food at the hotel.  Copenhagen is an amazing place to explore and I only wish I had more time in the museums.  The best is just sitting outside (even in cold weather) at the cafes.  Loved the boat tour, too.

One thing we did that I highly recommend is to take the train North to the Louisiana museum.  Not only if you enjoy modern art, it's an interesting train ride and gives you a peek into the world outside the main city.  Location right on the North Sea is also beautiful and the food was good there, too. We also had lots of fun exploring Christiana...something very unique.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm glad you asked as I'll probably go there sometime in the next year or so. There are some very cheap Riga - Copenhagen flights so I'll probably try to go for a 3-4 day weekend.

davidax Platinum

I stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott over a weekend about 3 years ago.

CL on 14F was offering coffee, tea, soft drinks and some snacks during all day opening hours. A conference room next to the ADD rest. (conference room named 'cattle room' which made me laugh) was available for breakfast seating and the happy hour was served in this same conference room.

Does anyone know if this is the regular way or does things move around depending on weekday/weekend? Actually, it might even be that there was a kitchen renovation on 14F? But from posts above it seems like at least breakfast have been served on 1F.

It's unfortunate not to get the great view and nice couches in the mornings although the separate conf. room still offers the calm environment that I like at breakfast.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Loved the hotel!

Took a train from Berlin via Hamburg, and then they put the train on a ship to Copenhagen!  What a memorable experience!

The favorite for me was visiting "Hamlet's Castle", North of Copenhagen, then taking a ferry to Malmo, Sweden!

The CL was excellent, it was open on the week-end then, and they made a fantastic Ice Cream Sundae, for CL guests!