2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2010 9:02 PM by bikesdestroy RSS

TSA Rules for Europe

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'm hoping some of you can offer recent advice (as in the past week or now) as to your experiences with the TSA rules to and from Europe since the Christmas incident.  I was scheduled to fly to Rome today but cancelled it.  It's not because I'm afraid of flying under the circumstances, but BECAUSE of the TSA rules re: carry-on luggage; use of technology in the last hour; use of bathrooms in the last hour; and enormous delays at airports because they don't have state-of-the-art technology.

I have no problem with full-body screening, I always buy tickets with a credit card, am a FF platinum member, etc.  Yet even with 'simple' weather delays over the past year I have lost enormous amounts of time and significant extra expenditures as a result of delayed flights.

If any of you can relate current experiences, I'd appreciate it.  I changed my Rome flight for Paris in March, when I hope TSA will get its act together. I fully appreciate all that they do to make safety a priority, but many things are idiotic.

ProfChiara

• Re: TSA Rules for Europe
    bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

I head back to Brussels next week, I'll report back then.

Happy New Year,

Troy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: TSA Rules for Europe
    bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

UPDATE!

Flying to Europe was quite uneventful.  Traditional screening in Las Vegas, someone glanced (literally) at my passport in Paris, and when I deplaned in Stuttgart there was no customs / immigration checkpoint at all (most likely because I flew from another EU country).

Really, the only difference in protocol I noticed was storing laptops / headphones in the seat back pocket is now prohibited during takeoff and landing.

Best of luck,

Troy

PS: The new Airbus A380 is... uh... AMAZING!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...