20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2010 8:27 AM by whitesox2005 RSS

Marriott's New Year's Resolutions

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What New Year's resolutions would you like to see Marriott make in order to keep its loyal customers?  Please complete the following sentence:

Marriott should resolve to...........................................

My answer:  offer free internet at all full service brands.

I have a long list, but I'll leave the rest to you.

• Re: Marriott's New Year's Resolutions
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

How about--do not change the program if it diminishes the value of the program.  Any changes, no matter how well intended. effects someone somewhere.  Even a no-change year would be fine.

Happy New Year to all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Platprincess,

I agree with Stepping, keep the program as is!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

northwarrior Platinum 60 Reviews

Free Internet at Marriott or JW for Platinum Elite and free Full Breakfast when Conceirge Lounge is closed.

lesliepamel Platinum

Marriott should resolve to...........................................Restore the vacation value in the number of Reward points offered to MVCI members who trade their timeshare for Reward points. In my opinion, to return to the 1987 value levels, the amount of points given must have a multiplyer of at least 2.65. Marriott would then be treating owners as they promised, and owners could start returning their loyalty to Marriott, together with their additional hotel business and have a renewed confidence in an active Friendshare program.

ALSO YOUR ANSWER BELOW IS SOMETHING THAT MUST HAPPEN QUICKLY. MARRIOTT MUST BE AN INDUSTRY LEADER.

My answer:  offer free internet at all full service brands.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

to stop continually watering down the Platinum Elite Status so that this recognition becomes meaningless.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

For this upcomig year, no changes are necessary for me.  Just concentrate on quality and consistency of benefits within the existing program.

pltnmprincess Platinum

OK, I have another one.  Marriott should resolve to.....

open a hotel anywhere in New Zealand  (so I can use all these points at my dream destination).

Hard to believe there is not 1 Marriott in that entire country.

kinseattle Platinum 6 Reviews

Marriott should resolve to make its Gold/Platinums feel special every time they check in.  In addition to a nice acknowledgment of our status, it would help if all front desk people offer an upgrade (or apologize if one isn't available) and explain where to get breakfast (which should be free at all brands, even courtyard and even on weekends).  We shouldn't have to ask. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Provide free internet to all Marriott Rewards Elite (Silver, Gold, Platinum) at all brands.

Provide complimentary breakfast vouchers on weekends (when CL is closed) to Gold and Platinum Elite at full service and Courtyards.

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

How about creating a level above platinum and do the free-internet at all brands for these ELITES and free breakfast at CY's and when CL's are closed for these members.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Develop brand-specific internet portals for guest sign-in at all properties with:

• Complimentary log-in for Marriott Rewards Elite members
    • Standardized terms & conditions
    • Standardized interface
    • Daily news headlines, weather and traffic
    • Local maps, dining, sightseeing, entertainment

kinseattle Platinum 6 Reviews

Wow, I asked and I received!  Hats off to LaToya at the front desk at the Marriott Portland downtown.  Checked in last night -- LaToya welcomed me, told me I had been upgraded and asked if I remembered where to get breakfast in the morning!  mentioned free internet too!   Now if Marriott just had an "Expression of Thanks" program like Alaska Airlines I could properly thank her!   

luv2travl Platinum

I would love to have Marriott offer 3 things from my wish list this year - 

•  complimentary breakfast at full service Marriotts for gold and platinum members when the concierge lounge is closed (weekends)
    • guaranteed room upgrates for platinum members
    • allowing MR members the ability to opt into the stay requirements of a promotion that best meets their travel pattern.  Get rid of offers that are misleading and vary between MR members.

It will be interesting to see if Marriott is listening to this stream of discussion!

pwisenski Gold

Continue to provide the best service at an resonable price and upgrade / remodel hotels.

Provide free internet to all "members"

Offer free cookies at business hotels past 8pm

satmarriott Platinum

I agree completely on both of these issues! 

I wish Marriott would listen.

Provide free internet to all Marriott Rewards Elite (Silver, Gold, Platinum) at all brands. Provide complimentary breakfast vouchers on weekends (when CL is closed) to Gold and Platinum Elite at full service and Courtyards.

jeremyalyea Platinum

I agree that the internet should be complimentary for platinum members.  I find it ridiculous that I can spend 75+ nights a year at Marriotts, yet I still have to pay to access something which is offered for free at fast food joints. 

Because of the charge for internet, I only stay in full-service Marriotts when I have no other choice.  I hope someone reads these boards, because this needs to be addressed. 

Outside of the internet issue, I have been very happy with Marriott and the Rewards program.

mikeb2620 Platinum

Free internet to all elite members, and allow a husband and wife to share an account.

pltnmprincess Platinum

MikeB,

Joint account....I like that idea.  Do you know if any of the competitors offer this feature? 

roadwarrior666 Platinum

Two things come to mind:

1. Intranet  access should be free ..  Fairfields are almost universally free, but the upper end brands charge a fairly hefty premium.  Is this because there is a long-term locked-in contract with the internet provider?  If so, how long before that expires?

2. As mentioned in other posts, some of the franchisees claim they do not have to honor all of the corporate perks.  Since one of the best features of the company is its efforts at consistency of product, this can be a bit off-putting

whitesox2005 Silver 1 Reviews

I second the notion for a hotel in New Zealand.  I'm about to spend 4 weeks there, guess it won't be at a Marriott hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...