2 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2016 4:45 PM by pd315 RSS

Marriott Resorts Sales Calls High Pressure Sales

sarah Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We received a sales call today from what was supposed to be Marriott Resorts trying to get us to buy a package with all sorts of free gifts. We were actually interested because one offered more thsn one room and we wanted to check with family to see if they were interested. When I stated we could not make a decision immediately on the phone without talking with family we were politely hung up on. 

This his type of high pressure sales to supposedly high value customers (lifetime platinum and generally over 100 nights a year) that travel to Marriott Resorts (just returned from Desert Ridge in Phoenix) does not reflect well on Marriott. 

I would expect some very interested customers would need a day to make a decision. This type of sales tactic for Marriott Resorts and I assume the Vacation Club makes feel less valued as a very loyal Marriott Customer.

Do any other Rewards members have similar experiences?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Resorts Sales Calls High Pressure Sales
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi sarah, thanks for bringing this up. Would you mind sending me a private message with the phone number that called you? I'd like to confirm where this call came from and whether it was from a Marriott number or not. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Resorts Sales Calls High Pressure Sales
    pd315 Silver

I had a very unpleasant high pressure sales pitch levied at me in 2013 in Orlando. Surprised me since I had never been treated that way with MVC before that. I am a long time owner at MVC and a silver elite customer and was so irritated when I left that pitch that I emailed a letter to Bill Marriott about it.  I vowed to never attend another sales pitch and it is very unusual for us to spend any money at any Marriott anymore when we stay there using weeks or reward points. I let everyone know to not attend any of their pitches and to not buy at MVC.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...