This is my first post. I've tried using search to find the answers, but that didn't help.
I recently signed up for the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card. I spent the $3,000 to receive the 70,000 bonus points. So now I have over 80,000 on my account.
I own a business and I'm currently using the Starwood Amex for my purchases. I make a lot of purchases through Costco bur unfortunatley they will be changing from Amex to Visa at the end of April. So now I need a new card for those purchases.
Here's the question...
1) If I get the Marriott Premier Business (MPB) for my work and spend the $3000 will I get the 70,000 bonus points?
2) Am I able to transfer points between my two cards?
3) If my wife gets a Marriott card will I be able to transfer unlimited points to her?
4) Since I will be getting over a couple a million points a year, will I qualify for Platinum? My understanding is I get one elite night credit for every $3,000 spent. Is that correct? And to make Platinum I need 75 points a year? Would I then qualify for lifetime Platinum once I have 750 points?
5) Can I use my points to send my associates on an overnight stay? And if I send someone somewhere overnight, are they treated as a Platinum member since my business would be,_staysElite_night_
Thank you in advance for helping me with these questions.
Hi, and welcome to MRI. Sounds like you're really going to rack up the points. My understanding is:
1) Yes, you'll get an additional 70,000 points when you spend $3000 on your MPB card;
2) Your points accrue to your Marriott Rewards account rather than the credit cards, so both cards will be tied to your account and no need to transfer;
3) If your wife gets her own Marriott Rewards account, you can transfer up to 50,000 points per year to her account for a $10 transaction fee, which is waived for gold and platinum (see Buy Points | Gift Points | Transfer Points | Donate Points);
4) You'll be platinum once you get to 75 elite night credits (combination of nights stayed and bonus nights). And that makes you platinum for the next calendar year, too. Lifetime platinum is achieved when you get both 750 elite night credits and 2 million points; and
5) This one is trickier. Probably need a moderator to address it. You can transfer points to an employee the same way you transfer them to your wife, but the employees would need their own Marriott Rewards account. Don't know if you can book their room for them and let them enjoy your platinum status. My guess is, they'll need their own rewards account, and you can transfer points so they can book their stay. But here's something interesting, which I just saw, "Members who are transferring points in order to satisfy a specific award may exceed the 50,000 limit up to the amount needed to satisfy the reservation."
Good luck with your business, and enjoy your rewards!