6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2016 2:18 AM by iahflyr RSS

DFW and CLT

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Need a FS hotel near DFW.  Grand Hyatt connected to the train is $509/night, so no thank you!  Anyone know anything about the 2 FS Marriotts near DFW?  One is DFW North and the other DFW South?  We are flying AA domestic with a one-night stay at DFW. Spouse prefers FS so FFI, CY, SSI, T, and RI are not going to win me any points in the marriage department.

Same question about CLT.  Have a layover there.  Only nearby FS Marriott-branded property appears to be a Renaissance Suites that is fairly expensive.  Any comments about that?  Not sure it's worth $200/night or 25,000 points.  Might have to convince Spouse that SHS, FFI, etc., are better.  Any recommendations for something near CLT?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Worth, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts DFW Airport Marriott South
  • Re: DFW and CLT
    peymanagement Platinum

I liked the Ren at CLT, good but small CL but I was there on weekend and the b fast in the dining room was great.

At DFW, I find the full service properties expensive so I stay at RI Irving, it has a nice courtyard and you can bbq..I have never gone wrong even though it is a original style RI property.

Now I am usually in these places for business but did DFW for a wedding too, and everyone in in family were happy, Your family may have higher expectations.

Hopes this helps

PS I also stayed at downtown RI in Charlotte it was very good

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vertol46 Platinum

I've stayed at the Renaissance Charlotte by CLT a couple times in the last two months on the government per diem rate ($117). There is a wide range of rates (from $89 to $330, from what I saw) posted on the Marriott site, depending on the night you stay. Service is excellent. A nine-story atrium gives the hotel a comfortable, open feel. Rooms are spacious. A door separates living room from bedroom. The lounge looks nice, but since I've stayed on weekends I don't know about the service there. Breakfast buffet at the restaurant is very nice. Dinner was average when I ate at the restaurant. I would stay there again at $117 but don't believe I would pay $200 for it.

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

The Renaissance Suites near CLT is a nice property and I stay there often.  Every room is a suite and the staff is friendly and helpful.  Free shuttle for the airport.  Only negative is that there really are no restaurants very close to the hotel.  The Springhill is okay but it's old and right on I-85 so traffic noise could be a problem.  The Courtyard is ok too but I prefer to stay at the Renaissance.

Other options are the Marriott and the Renaissance at South Park.  Both nice properties with plenty of shopping and restaurants in the area.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

If you want a treat in DFW, try the Gaylord Texan. No idea on current rates, but it's a short shuttle/cab ride from the airport. Not sure it's worth it for a layover though as there's a resort fee to consider.

It may not be your best option, but it would win  you some serious points in the marriage department especially if you can score a suite upgrade.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Both the North and South DFW properties have a nice CL as well as easy access to/from the airport.  My last stay a couple of years back was at the South hotel and enjoyed it.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

IAHFLYR, thank you!  I think we'll go with DFW South as it has an indoor pool, and the kids will appreciate that.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And the CL is very good sized as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...