This discussion is locked
33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2016 11:18 AM by carat RSS

Any fast track qualify for Platinum?

preferred Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi, anyone able to advice any fast track to achieve Platinum?  Currently, I am still holding Elite Gold but going to expire in Feb'16 and will be having extended business trip in Mid-Feb till April (~60 days).  2 questions, i) anyway to keep Elite Gold status for this year without buy back option?  ii) any fast track option to achieve Elite Platinum?  Please advice and thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any fast track qualify for Platinum?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi preferred.  Sounds like you may be interested in a status challenge.  These challenges invite our members to earn the next level status by completing a given amount of stays within a four month period.  Since you are a Gold member, you would be eligible for a Platinum challenge.  If this is something you are interested in, can you send me a private message with your Rewards number? Thanks in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gingerbreadmanwv Platinum

Could you private message me carat... I am unable to private message you...thank you

preferred Platinum

Hi Carat, I just PM you and appreciate your prompt respond.  I like this community that able to share and work it out together.  Giving a Like here.  Thanks.

hedo05 Silver

Hi Carat, could you pls. private message me? I´m unable to private message you too. Thanks in advance!

Hi hedo05!  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  This is a great place to share your travel recommendations and experiences as well as learn the ins and outs of the Rewards program!  I've gone ahead and sent you a message to get the conversation going. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

amp02 Gold

Hi carat, I too am interested in the Platinum Challenge and was wondering if you could assist? Thanks

superggab Gold

Hello Carat, Could you please me PM me... I am unable to private message you...thank you

Welcome to Insiders, superggab! I've gone ahead and sent you a message, please let me know if you have not received it. 

superggab Gold

Hello Carat, I just sent you a message!

Thank you so much for your help and have a wonderful day..

covo11 Platinum

I would like to sign up also

You got it covo11! I've sent you a direct message to start the conversation.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

A Platinum challenge requires 9 stays (not nights) over 3 months. As far as I know, any Gold Elite can request one. Not sure how your potential drop in status would affect this.

I'm guessing you didn't stay enough nights to renew your Gold status for this year. I'm not aware of any way to keep it other than the buy back option. If you do drop to Silver, you won't get back to Gold until you hit your 50 nights.

Knowing that you have a lot of travel coming fairly soon, I'd consider buying back my status and trying to complete a Platinum challenge. With 60 nights coming up, I imagine you'll be Platinum sometime this year. It would be nice if you could earn the status sometime during that time to take advantage of the perks. Might you be able to break the trip into multiple stays? It might mean getting to Platinum sooner and even if you had to buy back Gold, the higher earnings at Platinum would mean it wouldn't take as long to regain those points.

preferred Platinum

Hi Bejacob, this is very informative tips to lift me up.  And hope to use this opportunity to complete the challenge, I have no issue to switch around during my trip.  Thanks.

Just remember that consecutive nights at the same property count as one stay even if you check out and check back in. If you need to break up a long stay into shorter ones, consider switching properties for a night or two. Often Marriott will have a few options close by, so you might be able to stay at a Courtyard for a couple nights and then move to the SpringHill Suites or Fairfield Inn next door. Sometimes they even share a parking lot.

Check with customer service before you go for the buy back. It could be that Marriott extended your existing level for another year despite not having enough nights.

Good luck reaching Platinum.

preferred Platinum

Noted and well explained.  Hope to get the challenge offer soon.  Thanks again. 

preferred Platinum

I am in the race now. 

Frankly speaking, this forum very useful to share the learning from each others.  Seem to be a lot of concerns and questions can be answered effectively and efficiently.

I really like the way Carat handle my request timely and professionally.  Keep it up. 

type-r Platinum

Hi Carat,

I would like to join this challenge. I am currently a Gold member. Can you send me some details and how I can join this programme? Unfortunately I am a new member to this forum and unable to direct message.

Thanks.

Hi type-r!  Welcome to the Community!  I have gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you haven't received it. 

Thanks in advance!

khendricks0712 Silver

Hi carat,

I just tried to send you a private message, but it did not seem to go through. I got a blank orange bar that showed up when I tried to click send. I also tried following you to see if that made a difference, but it did not appear to. Can you tell me the best way to contact you.

Thanks!

Hi amp02 & khendricks0712,

I've gone ahead and sent you both a direct message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you haven't received it. 

mcktravel Gold

Hello Carat,

How do I participate in this challenge?  I'm currently a gold member and would like an opportunity to fast track to Platinum this year.

I tried to send you a Private Message but was unable to.

Thank you,

Hi mcktravel.  Welcome to Insiders!  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you haven't received it. 

nellts Gold

Hi Carat!

I am also interested in accepting the challenge to becoming a Platinum Elite Member. I tried to private message you as well but with no success. Would you pm me?

Welcome to Insiders, nellts!  I've gone ahead and sent you a message to get the conversation started.  You should be all set to send private messages now, please let me know if you are having any issues. 

yuva Gold

Hello Carat,

How do I participate in this challenge?  I'm currently a gold member and would like an opportunity to fast track to Platinum this year.

I tried to send you a Private Message but was unable to.

Thank you,

Hi yuva!  Welcome to the Insiders Community! By now, you've probably had the chance to take a look around and have seen that this is a great spot to discuss all things travel related.  From sharing your experiences and recommendations to hearing what other Rewards members have to say.  It is also a great place to hear the latest news and announcements.  I'm carat and along with lindseyh, deannad, and AndrewTwe moderate this community.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We're here to help. 

In case you are interested, I have included links to our Getting Started Guides. 

Getting Started Guide

Getting Started Guide (Advanced Users)

In regards to your post, I can definitely help you out.  I've gone ahead and have sent you a private message to get the converstaion started.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

Again, welcome to Insiders!  Looking forward to hearing more from you. 

cstonesparty Gold

I'd be interested too.  Had the same DM experience as khendricks above where I don't think my DM is sending to you...

Hi cstonesparty!  You should be all set to send private messages now.  I've gone ahead and sent you a message to get the conversation started. Please let me know if you are still experiencing any issues.

swfno9 Gold

Hi carat,

I've had the same problem. Would you be able to send me a DM?

Thanks very much.

Of course swfno9!  I've gone ahead and have sent you a message.  Welcome to Insiders! 

seatexan Platinum

"A Platinum challenge requires 9 stays (not nights) over 3 months."  Is one night considered a stay or does it need to be two nights?  Meaning to break up a trip, would I need to stay 2 nights at one place, then move to another place? Or could I stay one night and move to another place?  Thanks!

A stay can be for just one night. In theory you could stay one night at a FFI and then the following night at the Res Inn next door. Two nights, two stays whereas if you stayed those same two nights in the same property, it's just one stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...