9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2016 4:41 PM by iahflyr RSS

Insiders Presence Announcement

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It would be nice if it were somehow possible for hotels to somehow post the presence of Insiders at the hotel, or at least in the CL.  For example, it would be a pleasant surprise to arrive and see a board that said Foxglove, Pluto77, and Misterchk are here, tonight. It would make possible, some impromptu meetups and would add a bit to our trips.  It might even add a bit of pleasant anticipation, as I looked for such a display.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this idea?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Insiders Presence Announcement
    curiousone Platinum

Great idea! However, I am guessing the property managers would not like having to monitor/maintain it. Can't something like that be set up on Facebook or Twitter? (While I have FB and Twitter accounts, I have yet to use them, so not sure how they might be used.)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Occasionally, I have arrived at a hotel and found a board in the lobby, welcoming some MR Elites.  I'm not certain, I've seen it lately, but I do know I've seen such a board, several times, over the years.

Platinum 4 Reviews

Good suggestion.

I've stayed at a lot of IHG hotels where there is either a white board or a electronic bulletin board that welcomes you as a Spire Elite, Platinum, (insert your rewards level here),  etc.....with a posting of your first initial and last name. I've  never seen this at Marriott, but I have received a call form the GM of the hotel after check-in or a form letter in my suite welcoming me with my name and rewards category on it from time to time from Marriott.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I've seen this at a few Marriott's, but it's usually first name and only initial for last name. There's probably privacy issues in  writing out a guests full name.

Insiders would be identified by their screen names.  My name would be shown only as phctourist, which is mostly anonymous.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I can't see the CL attendant taking this on.  What's simpler is having a white/chalk board in the CL lounge where an Insider can write their own screen name and leave a note for others.  So, I go to the lounge, see that phctourist is on the board, I can add my name and a note that muppewrangler will be back in the lounge @7pm for drinks. 

muppetwrangler  That is a great idea!  carat,  Is this something that your team might be able to help with?  It would be all voluntary, so no privacy issues and it would promote camaraderie among Insiders. 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Doubt if our screen name is anywhere in the reservation so they wouldn't know . Now its interesting standing by for first class on an airline they use first initial and a couple of letters in last name

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I love the idea myself.  It would be great fun to be able to connect by surprise with many of you.

I've seen the Elite board in a lobby of maybe two properties, one of which is no longer a Marriott brand.  It had your first name and last initial showing and it worked great for asking the Front Desk Associate to put you in a location FAR away from some you knew, just because!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...