11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2016 6:55 AM by NickMDW RSS

Lounge Access for Gold Members

bktravel Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just achieved Gold status with MR and am hoping to take advantage of the additional perks.  One that is of interest is the guaranteed lounge access or breakfast.  I have seen before where I could book a room with lounge access for a higher prices than a regular room.  My question is do I need to book the lounge or club access room, or will I get access no matter what room since I am gold?  That leads to a second question as to if the lounge or club rooms are different than a regular room?

Thanks in advance for any assistance to fully use my new MR status!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lounge Access for Gold Members
    guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Congrats on achieving Gold Status. Just book a regular room and you will get lounge access without the additional fees.  The Concierge Lounge rooms are not different in looks but are on the level that the Lounge is on.  Even if your room is not on the same floor as the lounge you will still have access.

Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yep you are in no matter what room you get. To me lounge access is the most important benefit for gold or platinum

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Welcome to the CL.  It is clearly, the single best perk for Gold and Platinum status.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Agree with the prior three responses.  It is a great perk, especially if you travel internationally.  We spent two nights in Brussels and ended up cancelling dinner reservations both nights, because the wine and food were so good in the lounge.  We opted for nice lunches out, instead!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

We often opt for a strategy of nice lunches out and dinner in the CL when there is a really nice CL.  This has worked in the Baltimore Harborplace Renaisance, Amsterdam, Paris, Vienna, and assorted other hotels.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Have also in europe went to the breakfast and used that hugh spread for lunch also

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

CL lounge is definitely the best benefit!  Even if we're going out for dinner, sometimes we'll have appetizers from the lounge first.  Saves a bit from the dinner bill. 

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

The international locations usually provide drinks at no cost.  Most, if not all, the ones in the US I have visited charge for beer, wine, drinks - at least lately.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The Concierge Lounge is the biggest benefit of Gold, here in the EU the lounge includes free beer and wine and at many places food offerings that make a decent starter for a night out. In the US, alas the beer isn't complimentary but the food offerings can be very good. Likewise, with Gold you also get the lounge breakfast and if it's closed, free breakfast in the restaurant. Finally the other benefit is room upgrades, don't expect suites, but corner rooms, larger rooms, and better views are pretty reliably delivered, and whatever happens at the very least that upgrade should ensure you avoid the dumpster view room stuck between the ice machine and elevator! Enjoy!

bktravel Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  I am looking forward to the new benefits!

NickMDW Silver

Looking forward to Gold in the near future. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...