5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2016 5:52 PM by vertol46 RSS

Suggestions for 50th Anniversary Very Special Experience

arkay Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In a couple of years we are going to be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. I have been saving my miles for a few years now and wonder if I could impose on the community for suggestions.

Marriott used to have a multi-destination dream for Marriott point holders but that went away awhile ago.

I could go up to 650,000 for a really out of this world experience.

Thank you all in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Suggestions for 50th Anniversary Very Special Experience
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Here is a thought, if you are looking to do several weeks:

London (several wonderful hotels in and around Mayfair section)

Paris (via high speed train from London thru the Chunnel) Several great hotels between the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre.

Lyon (Gastronomic capital of France) by train or car from Paris

Provence, again by train or car, from Lyon.  In Aix-en-Provence, there is a relatively new 5-star Rennaisance. T

here are also other properties near Marseille, as well as Cannes, Nice and Monte Carlo.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th this year with a two week France holiday - 6 nights in Provence, 2 nights in Lyon and 7 nights in Paris.  Can't wait.  Paris has become our go to vacation over the last 4 years.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

arkay, In June I have my 50th coming up!  I had planned a big trip to California, including Half Moon Bay and San Francisco.  Unfortunately, I am undergoing some major medical treatment and am not certain when I will be able to make this trip.

At present, I'm optimistic that I will be able to travel, but it depends on when I finish chemo and whether I need subsequent treatment after chemo.

In the meantime, I hope you get lots of responses, so that I can read them and  fantasize about your 50th anniversary trip until I can plan my own.

A few suggestions that I would make, include Rome, Paris, London, and New York City, if you enjoy cities.

The Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, CA sounds fantastic.

Beaches are not really my thing, so I'll leave it to others to make those kinds of suggestions.

Enjoy the planning.  It can be half the fun of a great vacation.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Rome and Italy is another great recommendation.  We spent a week at the Marriott Grand Flora on the Via Veneto, next to the Borghese Gardens last April and loved it.  Been to Rome a few times, but only for a few days, they we headed out of the city.  This time, we really dug in to the neighborhoods.

Probably backing up a bit - what kind of vacations do you like?  History, European, driving, train, tropical, culture, food/wine, etc.

vertol46 Platinum

arkay, I'm always moved by couples who are celebrating 50 years of marriage. Congratulations! Sounds like you want more than one destination. And ease of travel is probably valuable to you. It also sounds like you're looking for many suggestions from community members, and you'll choose one that looks exciting. Here's my suggestion: buy two Hotel + Air packages. That gives you 240,000 miles on your air carrier of choice (264,000 if it's United) plus 7 nights at resort 1 (Hawaii?) and 7 nights at resort 2 (Tokyo?). You'll be very close to getting 14 nights at two Cat 6-8 resorts and first/business-class multi-destination tickets. Many destinations are possible. I hope you end up with something fabulous!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...