13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2016 1:19 PM by carat RSS

Gold Challenge

brigs03 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

A co-worker recently told me about a gold status challenge where you get 90 days to stay a certain amount of times to earn gold status.  Anyone know how i sign up?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold Challenge
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi brigs03,

I'd like to Welcome you to the Insiders Community! As you may have already seen, this is a great forum to talk about all things travel from sharing your recommendations and experiences to finding out how to get the most out of the Rewards Program.  I am one of the moderators here, along with carat and lindseyh.  We're here to help, so if you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us   I've also included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide' just in case you'd like to take a look:

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, our team has let us know that status challenge promotions are currently on hold.  They do plan on reinstating them, however it will not be for a couple of months.  Please check back in as we will post any available updates here on Insiders.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dano9911 Silver

I called and signed up for the gold challenge.  I've never received an email about it.  What are the stay requirements for the 90 day period?  How do I know an official count and when it started?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi dano9911,  I'd like to provide clarity for you and have sent you a direct message with additional details. 

alinab Silver

Hallo, Carat! Thanks for your job! May I ask please check also my chance to reach finnaly gold status?  Thanks advance!

Hi alinab, I can definitely check for you as well.  I have taken your Rewards number out of the post about just as a precaution to make sure your information stays private.  I will circle back via direct message with additional challenge details.

piaax3 Silver

Hi Carat,

If i take the gold challenge, will i have gold status for those 90 days during the challenge?

krolik12 Silver

Hi carat, would you be able to check on the status of my gold challenge? I called earlier this week and was told that I was enrolled, but I have not received any confirmation email.

Thank you!

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi krolik12,

We do not send confirmation emails for Status Challenge enrollment and they are not visible in your Rewards account online. These challenges are manually tracked, but your status is automatically upgraded upon the posting of the final required stay of the challenge.

Thanks!

Great question, piaax3!  Members status will only be upgraded up completion of the challenge.  Once you've completed the challenge, you will keep that status for the remainder of the following year.  So say you enrolled and completed a Gold Challenge this year, you would be able to keep Gold Status until January of 2018.

piaax3 Silver

so if i wait until January 2017 to take the challenge and complete it by February 2017, i will have it all the way through to Dec 2018? 

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

The status would be valid through January 2019. To maintain status after that, you would need to stay the required number of nights in 2018.

yul438 Gold

I have recently become Marriott gold through SPG status match.

I have read about Marriott offering a road to platinum challenge for 9 stays during 90 days.

If I am eligible for this, do you know if points + cash stays count towards the 9 stays or if it is only 100% paid stays.

Welcome to Insiders, yul438!  When it comes to status furthering promotions and challenges, cash + points bookings are not eligible to count as one of the required stays.  Also, in order to participate in a Platinum challenge, members must have at least 50 nights listed in their Rewards account.  We can always check your eligibility and if you are interested, please send a DM with your Rewards number. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links