10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2016 10:42 PM by alwweb RSS

Marriott Elite Buy Back

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just ran across this on Loyalty Lobby and thought some of you might be interested.  Have not found it out yet on Marriott, but might have missed it.

Any Insiders thinking of using it?

Marriott Elite Buy Back Promotion 2016 (Buy Back Your 2015 Silver, Gold Or Platinum Status) | LoyaltyLobby

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Elite Buy Back
    thecentury303 Platinum

I am seriously thinking about this. It is kind of hard at this point to predict the number of nights I will stay at Marriott this year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

letlowjl Gold

I saw that too.  However you have until April 1 to buy back.  I ended up with 49 nights so I will wait a little while before deciding and see what happens

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

Did it!...worth it for nice times in the Lounges....grin....just wondering if that can happen each year....will see!

suzysharp Platinum

Yes! I've done it for a few years!

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

This is good to know. I earned the status when we got ANOTHER time share week or points and REALLY do like MYSELF getting the extra pleasures when I redeem MY points!......

suzysharp Platinum

Did it this year. Have done it the last few years. I tend to average 35-50 nights but find it worth doing the buyback for the welcome gifts, upgrades, extra 25% in points, lounges and status with United. Definitely a nice perk!

dalekana Platinum 2 Reviews

I used it!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I probably would have used it had I not retained my status the hard way.

94 nights last year even gave me a nice head start on renewing Platinum for another year due to rollover nights. At my current pace, I'll only need 10 nights after the current MegaBonus end, and some of those will come from using my CC.

Buyback is a no brainer at Gold status. Can be worth it for Platinum depending on the level of travel planned. With redemption nights now counting toward renewal, maintaining status got a bit easier.

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

Thanks for sharing this.  I did not know this was offered and could be useful if someone is on the bubble for the upcoming year.

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm hoping it is still around next year because it looks like I am going to be under and I really like having Platinum, especially because of the United partnership that gives me silver there as well. 

I had a slow first quarter and then surgery in Q2, so maybe if they don't have the program next year, maybe I can get a sympathy bump.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...