4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2010 12:28 AM by crcran RSS

Marriott Aruba need info

neuroempire Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What resturants do I book while in Aruba?   What do I need to watch out for?  I heard I need to get to the pool at 6am to reserve a longe chair......like on a cruise ship.   Is that so?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Aruba need info
    bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

Aruba has fantastic food!  It will be tough to go wrong.  Within walking distance of the Stellaris there are a dozen excellent dining options.  

Fine dining aside, make sure you get down to Baby Beach (extreme opposite end of the island) and go to Charlie's Bar. The Balashi is cold (local beer) and the food is amazing. Let's just say you will not forget it.

There is also a lonely bar on the east side (uninhabited) of the island that has ice cold Balashi and fresh caught fish.  The name eludes me, but I chanced upon it after a brutally hot walk with my mtn. bike and a punctured tire.  Below is a picture I took from the deck.

You will have a great time.

Troy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stumpy Platinum

I stayed just after Christmas and I was able to get a chair as late as 8AM. There aren't many umbrella's. If you want shade, you will need to get out early and put a towel on a chair.

shauna Silver

If you have a car, Madame Jeanettes and Flying Fishbones are musts! Both had amazing food and you can sit in the water at Flying Fishbones! Make sure you get clear directions to both! They are a little ride from the hotel but the best cuisine on the island! The stellaris also has a Ruth's Chris and is a very short walk from both marriotts. Down the street there is a brazilian steakhouse called Texas De Brazil. It is down the beach near the Playa Linda. It is mostly meat but it if you like meat it is for you!

crcran Gold

We stayed in Aruba at the Marriott the last week of April 2009. There was no problem with obtaining a lounge chair at anytime during our stay throughout the day.  There is a wonderful restaurant on property, I believe it was called Simply Fish.  It is located on the beach.  The food is fabulous.  We ended up there on two different nights as it was soooo good.  Another restaurant off property which was magnificient was Texas de Brazil.  It is a brazilian style bbq that is well worth the money.  If you have family members that dont enjoy BBQ they will more than make a meal on the fabulous fresh salad bar.  It includes soup and a fish entree as well for about half of the regular price to eat the full menu.  Have a great time!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...