2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2016 7:23 AM by fistuk RSS

Will I get points / nights for booking a block of rooms?

kass Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all

I recently arranged for a room block where rooms are at a discounted rate for an event and people have to individually reserve and pay themselves.  The hotel took my rewards # and said something about getting lots of points but I'm wondering if this is actually true.  Will I get points for everyone's stay?  Will I get any elite night credits?  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I'm also wondering if different sales managers have the ability to decide.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Will I get points / nights for booking a block of rooms?
    homoviator Platinum

They may be talking about the fact that if you book a block of 10 rooms you do get points. Something like 3 per $ spent, I think.  not as high of a % as if you were just booking a room for yourself, but points nonetheless.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Will I get points / nights for booking a block of rooms?
    fistuk Platinum

If all the rooms are booked under your name and rewards number than you'll get the points (I think there's a limitation of up to 3 rooms per member).

Nights credit will be given to your own room only.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...