1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 13, 2016 10:24 AM by bejacob RSS

Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have not visited the Polynesian Cultural Center in over 30 years.  On recent visits to Oahu, we have thought about going, but never wanted to give up a day to go. We are considering a visit during our upcoming trip to Oahu. I would like to hear comments from those who have visited the PCC in the last few years including which option you chose.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I didn't feel that it was worth the price of admission. The overview of Polynesian Culture wasn't bad, but the center is run by a branch of Brigham Young University (most of the staff are students) and despite the attempt to show authentic island culture, a few non-native religious themes do sneak in.

My last visit was about 10 years ago. We explored everything in a couple hours and didn't see any need to linger. I enjoyed the drive around that part of the island much more than the PCC itself. My recommendation would be to find some other way to explore island culture (Bishop Museum comes to mind). If you want a Polynesian show, choose one of the luaus. Authenticity could be debated, but it's usually fun.

I love Polynesian culture, including the kitschy tiki culture popular in the 1950s and 1960s (my guilty pleasure ). I had high hopes for the PCC. I was disappointed. My advice to all is just skip it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...