9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2016 1:30 PM by iahflyr RSS

Smokin In The Back Yard

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Come on Insiders, give us your stories of your smoking and grilling times even in the winter!

I defrosted a small Pork Loin that we cut in half some weeks back into the refrigerator last evening after rubbing it with Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Smoke Paprika, Ground Pepper and a touch of Oregano.  It sat overnight and about an hour before it went on to the heat I took it out of the refrigerator to get near room temperature.

Got the little tiny charcoal grill out of the garage where I keep it and brought the Weber charcoal starer out, fired it up with some newspaper in the bottom and poof, we had a flame.  Soaked Apple wood chucks in water for about 45 minutes and while the fire cooled to 275 degrees took the wood from what water.  Time to put the Pork on the grill and get the smoke going.  

After having the Pork Loin in the little grill smoking for 90 minutes the internal temperature was 140 degrees.  I closed all teh vents on the grill and let is sit for another 10 minutes which raised the internal temperature up to 147 degrees and put it on a plate to rest in the house.  WOW.......the aroma was so nice and the Pork looked like it wanted to be put on a bun with Cole Slaw and some Vinegar to make a Carolina flavored pork sandwich.  No this is Pork Loin..........as much as I love Carolina BBQ this is for another day.

After resting it for 20 minutes we sliced it thin and OMG, how wonderful a flavor to got along with an Avocado, Tomato, Basil and Italian dressing Salad.............Taste it!

IMG_0398.JPG

Come on my Insider griller/smoker buds the likes of jerrycoin and foxglove, let us get those grills and smokers going in 2016.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Smokin In The Back Yard
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Looks awesome. Pork loin/tenderloin is so versatile, it can be cooked and flavored so many different ways. None of which require tons of salt, and it is a lean cut so pretty healthy as well. Keep up the great work!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you sir and yes, not a trace of salt was put on the pork.

CtsVette Platinum

That sure looks good!!!

How about boneless, skinless chicken thighs wrapped around a Hatch Green Chili, then wrapped in bacon??

IMG_0814.jpg

Of course this is more than just a family meal. 

Awesome and it very well could be a "family meal" as I LOVE ME SOME CHICKEN and with Hatch Chili outstanding concept!   Those chilis from Hatch, N.M. are excellent.

CtsVette Platinum

I have to bring the Hatch back from Colorado when I'm out there visiting.  Can't get them in the panhandle of Florida.

I bet if you made contact with a store in Hatch, N.M. you could have them shipped to you!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I cranked up the new Weber on Dec 5th for a Sagittarian birthday party we were throwing -- six of the attendees have December birthdays -- that featured two beautiful sides of Alaskan Sockeye that I'd purchased fresh in season and frozen, smoked to mesquite perfection. Unfortunately, the photographer forgot to get any photos. (Hey -- I was also busy as chief mixologist!) But the end result was delicious, and the grill performed flawlessly. More grillin' in the near future, for sure!

There is something to be said for being the "Mixologist" alright.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Unfortunately, sampling the concoctions (in the pursuit of perfection) led to forgetting to take photos.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...