6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2016 12:36 PM by guidedog613 RSS

Starting Over

travelingman109 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I accumulated 62 nights from July through December.  My January trip was going to put me over 75 nights; however, my nights have been reset and I have to start over.  Why aren't the nights calculated on the last 12 months?  Is there anything I can do about this other than to start staying at a Hilton hotel?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Starting Over
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Marriott Rewards like most others and airlines reset their systems on January 1st, each year.  I believe you'll find a similar situation at Hilton as well, so if you decide to move over to Hilton you may want to check out the Terms and Conditions as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Nights are calculated on the calendar year and all are reset in January. You maintained your gold and could probably inquire about a Platinum Challenge, which would help you this year and next.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes it changes at calendar year but you get usually an extra two months( end of February) until your status drops if you miss. The good news assuming you had no 2014 rollovers into 2015 , you will start 2016 with 12 nights

gingerbreadmanwv Platinum

When would you be able to do the Platinum Challenge Guidedog613 if you are Gold for 2016 and have 15 rollover nights?  Can you do it now or do you have to wait until you accumulate 50 nights ?

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

You could reach out to carat or one of the other community managers and ask when a challenge would be possible.

peymanagement Platinum

You can call Hilton. Maybe they will treat you better. But I doubt it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...