8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2016 4:17 PM by misterchk RSS

Am I crazy?

tommigs@gmail.com Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am at the Ritz Carlton in Shanghai. I am a Platinum Elite member and I casually asked about my welcome gift. They had no idea what I am talking about. I asked casually 3 times and now I am getting pissed over a stupid welcome gift. I had 80 nights in the last year. I don't know if the ambivalence comes from the fact that I am in China or if it is the Ritz Carlton. They should change the name to Ritz Cracker. What is the policy regarding welcome gifts?

What say anyone?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Am I crazy?
    ramoneur Platinum

I believe RC has it's own conditions, so these should be checked;

However, I cannot and do not believe service in Chinese version would be worse;

if it is different at all, it should be better iso worse.

Regarding your question about being crazy or not, I would need some more information before I can give a more accurate estimation.

Are you referring to your actual mental state, or are you using this categorization in a figurative way?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Good news. You're not crazy... Well unless you think I'm an elephant and are wondering how an elephant learned to spell - then youre obviously crazy since what you should be asking yourself is how an elephant can type!

Bad news. You've somewhat embarrassed yourself. The welcome gift at Ritz-Carlton is 1000 points. No option of an amenity or $10F&B.

ramoneur Platinum

ah;

you parallel-posted the reason;

great minds (s)think alike ;-)

ramoneur Platinum

at their website:

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Rewards/EliteBenefits/Platinum.htm

they state:

Platinum Arrival Gift

As a show of gratitude for your continued loyalty, Platinum members will receive 1,000 bonus points or 500 miles upon arrival.

so I guess there is no choice for a "physical" gift,

and the points gift will be automatically chosen/added

Platinum 28 Reviews

I'M CRAZY  Can I help?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

misterchk, crazy?

HE is too. I'm an teapot, so I should know

Platinum 28 Reviews

I hope all of you are crazy- the most normal people in the world are BORING!!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello, tommigs@gmail.com!  I'd like to see if I can help.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number and the dates of the stay you've mentioned above?  Thanks in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...