8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 9:29 AM by rasd10 RSS

Hawaii

flatrater Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Wife and I are looking to use points to go to Hawaii.

Having never been there we are looking for recommendations on where the best place for adults to stay. Something with night life, bars, adult pools, etc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hawaii
    retired Platinum

Flatrader

If you are looking for night life the best place in Honolulu. I really like Ko Olina which is about 20 miles outside of Honolulu. Not many children at the hotel and the lagoons are really nice.

Kauai and The Big island (Hawaii) really don't have much going on at night. The Hawaii islands are more about the warm weather, beaches and relaxation.

Maui has more nightlife then Kauai or The Big island but still nothing compared to Honolulu. About 80% of the Hawaiian population (all islands) is in the city of Honolulu.

To be honest most people don't go to Hawaii for the night life.  The islands are really lay back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Ren. in Holnolulu was just great!

We had a room with a kitchen and lanai.  Could walk to most everything and it was great.

Best Rest. was Michelle's Colony Surf.

Good luck!

flatrater Platinum

Retired,

Thanks for response. I should have been a little clearer in my post. By "night life" I mean restaurants with bars or just bars to meet people & have some fun....

Thanks!!

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Only Marriott brands in HI anywhere near nightlife would be on Oahu and Maui.  On Oahu, you are looking at the Waikiki Marriott, the Renaissance and Waikiki Courtyard, all near or across the street from the beach and on or near the main nightlife drag, Kalakua Blvd.  On Maui, the closest to nightlife would be the MVCI resort, "Maui Ocean Club", about a mile from the nightlife on Front Street in Lahaina.

Other Hawaii Marriott locations are family-oriented and often some distance from significant night life.

teeitup Gold

suggest you stay at the Maui Marriott...great location and pool area. Golf all around and spas. excellent night life with tons of local bars. great time.

flatrater Platinum

Thanks for all your help!!

trvl4alvn Platinum

Marriott Wailea is in Maui is the only way to go. My wife and I share your requirements for good/great restaruants and bars. While I avoid eating dinner at any Marriott, the surrounding resorts, 4 Seasons, Fairmont, etc, all have 5 star restaruants.

The grounds are old plantation style which means you have a lot of room to breathe. There are three pools, one of which is an adults only, no cell phone serenity infinity pool. It overlooks the ocean and you can see turtles coming up for air all day long.

Wailea is a beatiful, if unknown part of the island. Not very touristy, but definately upscale. The property borders on a high end small mall. 

The town of Kihei is also very close and can provide you with local style food and activities if you get tired of the resort prices.

If you do nothing else, eat at Nick's Fish Market in Wailea. Best fish anywhere in the world.

rasd10 Platinum

A couple of quick question(s)... we are real beach people... does the Walilea Marriott have a beach? are the beaches nearby public?  any chairs or facilities there?  Thanks for the info.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...