31 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2016 10:21 AM by peymanagement RSS

Delta Hotels

travelagent16 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, I was wondering when will I be able to earn Marriott Rewards Points and Elite credits at Delta properties? I thought I had seen something about early 2016 but hav since. I hope other Insiders will try Delta Hotels as they are beautiful hotels

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delta Hotels
    peymanagement Platinum

Feb 1 for most of the Deltas, May for the rest. There have been a few posts on this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi travelagent16.  The last we heard, members would be eligible to receive credit for their Delta stays around February 2016.  However, since we're getting closer to that date, I'd like to reach out for better clarity.  I'll check in with our team and will circle back as soon as I hear from them.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi travelagent16 & other Insiders!

We're excited to hear from our team that 22 Delta Hotels will join Marriott Rewards on January 28, 2016 and 14 more will follow in late April.

More information can be found at the following link:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/delta-hotels.mi

alyn Silver

Yes, I also would like to book a stay at the Burnaby Delta in mid-April but will choose another hotel if I can not get the points. Any idea if things will be completely merged by then? I would hate to miss out on the points and stay at a Delta if the merger will be complete days later.

peymanagement Platinum

The web page says late spring for the Burnaby Delta to be fully integrated, Give the hotel a call as late spring could mean any day up to June 20.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

By the time i go to Montreal and Quebec in July all Deltas will be earning and I'll be staying at the Deltas in both cities.

So that'll be a fast badge, and one you don't have bejacob

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Is there a Delta badge? I'm not seeing it as one I can earn. Seems like there should be one, but I don't think there have been any updates to the badges since they were created in mid-2014.

You are right, though. It is a badge that I don't have. Once if it becomes available, I may have to remedy that.

Aargh, there's no badge! One of the few brands I can quickly grab a double at and no bloomin' badge.

Please carat and deannad help me out here. Theres going to be a Delta badge. And soon. Right? You have to get this fixed, so I can at last beat up on bejacob and his enormous collection of shiny badges. C'mon, help a whiney Brit out here!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

If brightlybob and bejacob get this badge then I demand a Conference Center badge!!!!

I'm with brightlybob. There should be a Delta badge. I'd be okay with a Conference Center badge too, but I'm a little less supportive of that one. After all, for the most part, the conference centers are all full service Marriotts.

Speaking of my collection of shiny badges, here's something I didn't expect.

all badges.PNG

My AC stay in mid-February marked my 14th brand (since the Conference Center did register as separate from Marriott as far as badges go) which gave me the "exclusive uber brand explorer badge." I was going to wait until my NY Edition stay (booked for the last weekend in April) posted which is when this badge should have shown up to share. I haven't heard if anyone else had achieved this yet. It did take a bit of planning (but I like that sort of thing ).

It does seems to me that as new brands (like Delta or Moxy) become part of the Marriott family, badges should also be added. Maybe that's a topic for another thread. 

In any case, brightlybob is right. There should be a Delta badge. I have no idea when I might earn it, but I see a new Delta property will be opening in Racine, WI before long. That makes only the second in the US (after Lake Buena Vista, FL). I'd consider visiting Racine on my way to collect more counties in Wisconsin.

MMmmmm, shiny...

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Conference Centers fall into the black hole of the Marriott world.  I stayed at one FS Marriott then a CC back when the badges first came out. No badge showed up. I checked with the Com. Mgr. at the time and she shared that CCs don't score badges....darn.

I had the exact same issue. What I thought was my second stay at a Marriott turned out to be a CC so it didn't count. A short time later I earned the badge with a stay elsewhere. It does make a person wonder (at least it does if they are like us and nothing better to ponder ).

YYes, all these words, and time, and for what?... Bragging rights and a sum of points per badge I could receive from tipping £1...

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

brightlybob & bejacob,

Our team has advised that as of right now, we are not offering a Delta Badge, but hopefully within the next year or so one will be offered. Members will be notified once it becomes available in the online badging portion of your online account.

Okay, so now that Delta is fully integrated into the Marriott system, it's time to get a Delta badge on Marriott.com. brightlybob deserves to earn this badge over the summer.

Come on Marriott IT team. Get this one done. The development shouldn't be all that complicated.

I'm a strong supporter of the badges (even though they don't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things). If folks are going to collect them, they need to be updated as things change. As far as I can tell, that section of the website has been static since the badges rolled out in mid-2014. In this fast-changing tech world we live in, that's unacceptable.

BTW, the fact that I may be staying at a Delta property in August has nothing to do with my jumping on the Delta brand badge bandwagon. Hmm, sounds like a tongue twister - brand badge bandwagon, brand badge bandwagon, band bradge brandwagon.

Well, I'll not make the Delta badge anyway now, since I've swapped my Delta ressie in Montreal for a much cheaper LNF rate at the Marriott Champlain (AKA The Cheese Grater) so I've now only one Delta stay, in Quebec, planned. Not enough for that shiny badge.

However I should get the CY badge to add to my pathetic collection of 2 (Ren and Marriott) and might get my Autograph badge too as I'm staying at the Icon after TIPPLE, and I stayed at the Edinburgh Autograph last year (I think it was last year).

I'll also likely end my year halfway to the JW, RI, SHS and FFI badges, all due to my TIPPLE trip, which is now extended after my son chose to minor in the American Civil War and so I've rejigged my research/TIPPLE trip to front-load a weeks tour with him of civil war sites across Pennsylvania and Virginia. Yet more to look forward to!

peymanagement Platinum

That is a good move brightlybob, of all of the delta hotels, Montreal Delta is my least favorite, but the chateau Champlain is quite nice. Yep looks like a cheese grater.

Thanks very much for that peymanagement, I value your opinion. I was concerned that according to FT/TA  I'd ended up with the worst hotel of the two, but saving over $400 for the 3 nights via LNF (thanks fistuk) it was a no-brainer... So I'm pleased that your opinion (which I very much trust) confirms I've ended up with the better hotel, as well as $400 in my pocket!

peymanagement Platinum

Isn't it 3 am there? In a lot of ways Old Montreal and Quebec City are more European than Europe, as we did not go through WW2 air raids, but you know that as your wife is from here. The Chateau Champlain is an old  CP Hotel, rooms are smaller but nice (sometimes you win and others you lose). Delta Montreal is a block of cement that would have been sold off to IHG or Radison sooner than later if Marriott did not buy them.

Time to get the community moderators to exert whatever influence possible. carat. deannad, AndrewT, lindseyh, melissaerb how about it. Get the message to the IT folks. Bring on the Delta badge. While they're at it, how about a Moxy one as well?

This will be good practice for when the Starwood merger is complete. Only, what, 11 more brands or so to add then.

hassmh Gold

How about Protea while you're at it? Any other brands not yet with a badge?

Not to stray too far off-topic here, but I agree that if they're going to offer these things, they really do need to keep up with themselves; from the outside looking in it really seems like they need some serious IT help to keep up with the rest of the industry. If they would throw a few million into IT they probably could blow away the competition instead of just trying (and often failing) to keep up.

Good point, I forgot about Protea. That should be added as well. Not that I'll ever get that badge, but that's not the point. Each brand (once fully integrated) should get a badge. Bulgari might be another candidate. It falls in the same category as Edition and Ritz as a luxury partner, so why not?

I wonder how many Insiders will manage the Edition, Ritz and Vulgari triumverate?

Not many. I'm halfway on the Edition and Ritz badges. I could envision making a 2nd Ritz stay if circumstances worked in my favour. Another Edition stay is unlikely (though not impossible) and Bulgari is certainly not in the cards.

Yes, Bvlgari is rarified indeed.

MInd you, you've already done the lot, and you've got the UberBrand badge to prove it

True. I've hit each of the 14 brands for which badges are available. Not sure the 250 points for the uber brand badge explorer was worth it. The bragging rights were far better.

Still, I think that as new brands come into the fold, the badges should keep up.

As an aside, I did book a 2 night Delta stay in Waterloo, ON for early August (used my cat 1-5 Spring MegaBonus certificate for one night). Plan to visit the Shakespeare Festival in nearby Stratford. So now I have some skin in the game on the Delta brand badge.

peymanagement Platinum

The Stratford Festival is quite nice. There are lots of neat little restaurants in the town. It is pretty touristy, but that is ok. What plays are you seeing? Another worthwhile attraction is the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory, which is also not far away. I have not stayed in the hotel since it was converted to a Delta, It is close to the Universities.

I'm just responsible for booking the hotel and planning the route. My other half is dealing with the show tickets. I think we're seeing Macbeth and one other show (might be Shakespeare in Love).

peymanagement Platinum

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble Great play

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Great choice,bejacob! Have you been there before? I'm heading to the Stratford festival this summer, they're doing a production of my favourite children's book The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!  Waterloo is a great town, the universities, great little shops, restaurants and the Mennonite market.  We used to do it as day trips when I was living in Toronto.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...