This discussion is locked
42 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2016 2:10 PM by awhosmon RSS

Promotions or Challenges

whdickey Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

Hi

I'm currently Gold Elite, but didn't have a lot of stays last year, so not sure when that will run out.  In fact, last year I paid points in order to retain my gold status.

I've got 9 consecutive nights scheduled (2 hotels) coming up Jan 20th through 28th.  Is anyone aware of any challenges or promotions I might be able to us to retain my status longer or to move to Platihum?

Thanks

Walter

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Promotions or Challenges
    ericwynn Platinum

Hey Walter,

Go into your account page, and look into Promotions. Marriott is offering an upcoming promotion for 50K points, but I believe that starts in February. But, if you watch your internal promotion page, you can often find promotions geared specifically for you. For example as a Platinum, who stays often, I don't get the same promotions as some of my friends who stay less time.  Also, you can see which hotels are running hotel specific promotions for extra points.

Also, I recommend the Marriott CC. That really helped me to pile on the points!

Happy travels,

Eric!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

whdickey Gold

Thank you Eric!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi whdickey, I see you're new around here, welcome to the Insiders Community!  As you may have already seen this is a great place to talk about all things travel related.  From sharing your recommendations and experiences to learning the ins and outs of the Rewards program, we cover it all!   I'm carat and I moderate the community along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're always here to help! I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, you may be interested in a status challenge.  The challenge invites you to make a given amount of stays within a four month period to move up to the next level status.  If this is something you are interested in, please send me a private message with your Rewards number and I'll be able to provide additional details for the challenge you are eligible for. 

Again, welcome to the community!  Looking forward to hearing more from you.

ericinsea Silver

Hi Carat!

Could I also see what challenges I'm eligible for?

Thanks!

Eric

Hi ericinsea!  Welcome to Insiders!  I'd love to check for you.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance!

asw4406 Silver

Hi Carat,

I am new to Rewards Insider and would like to enroll in the Gold/Platium challenge. Is this something you cn help me with.

Thank you for your time.

Welcome asw4406!  I have gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started.  Talk soon!

forkintheroad Platinum

Hi carat,

Can you help determine if I am eligible for a challenge?

Hi forkintheroad.  Welcome to the Community!!

Our team has let us know that the status challenge promotion has been paused.  They do plan on reinstating it, however it will not be for a couple of months.  Keep checking in though, as we will post any available updates here on Insiders. 

Apologies for any frustration this has caused. 

forkintheroad Platinum

Hi carat,

Thanks for contacting me directly however, I am not able to contact you back through direct messaging.

hopp Gold

Are challenges based on stays or nights?

Hi hopp.  Typically these challenges are based on stays, however, if you would like to complete a challenge based on nights, send me a private message with your preference.

Welcome to the Insiders Community!  Looking forward to hearing from you!

hopp Gold

I would love a night based challenge.  Currently traveling and will be in Marriotts for the next week.  If challenge could start ASAPi it would be much appreciated!

Awesome!  I can definitely work with our team to get you enrolled. Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance!

gingerbreadmanwv Platinum

I'm interested in the challenge but I am unable to private message you carat.

Hi gingerbreadmanwv!  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  You should be all set to send private messages now.  I've gone ahead and sent you one to get the conversation started. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

jaf Platinum

Could you also check for me please if I can be enrolled in a platinum status challenge, I was also unable to send you a private message.

Hi jaf!  I've gone ahead and sent you a message to get the conversation going.  Please let me know if you haven't received it.

jaf Platinum

Hi Carat, any news for me yet on the platinum status challlenge?

THanks!

Hi jaf.  I've sent you a direct message.  Please let me know if you haven't received it.

NickMDW Silver

Hi Carat.

I just joined the community and also wanted to see if there were any night based challenges that would help me earn Gold Status or better.

Thank You,

Welcome to the Insiders Forum, NickMDW!  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started. 

NickMDW Silver

I've been attempting to respond to your DM but keep getting a red bar across my browser.  I am very interested in the challenge.

hopp Gold

I Have also been unable to contact you via private message. 

red_ghost Platinum

Bump, +1 to not being able to PM...  thank you.

Hi @red_ghost!  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you have not received it.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

dadams Platinum

Greetings!  I am new to the community and just reading through the blog...I am Gold Elite, do they have "challenges" to get to Platinum? Thank you!

Welcome to the Insiders Community dadams!  You've probably taken a look around our forum and have seen that this is a great place to discuss all things travel related.  It is also a great spot to share your travel recommendations and experiences.  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with lindseyh, AndrewT and deannad.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We're here to help!

Just in case you'd like to take a look, I've included links to our Getting Started Guides.

Getting Started Guide

Getting Started Guide (Advanced Users)

In regards to your post, I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to get the conversation started. 

Again, welcome!  Looking forward to hearing more from you.

jrm0626 Member

Hey Carat,

Good afternoon!  Just joined and excited to be here.  I've been a rewards member for a few years but really am just starting to use the program.  Recently was promoted and will be on the road an average of 2 nights per week so I plan on really racking up my points.  I was actually just looking through my email, to find receipts for nights I have stayed that were missing from my rewards account.  I noticed that I received an email back in november that said if I completed 4 stays in the next three months, I would receive an auto upgrade to Gold.  The deadline to register was December 1st so obviously that has passed! 

I was wondering if there are any other challenges I could sign up for as I plan to really start using the program.  Any help is much appreciated.

smoooosher Gold

Hi carat

Hope you are having a great afternoon. I am a former Platinum member who took a break from traveling for a bit and am starting to get ramped back up - would love to regain PE status through Marriott as I always felt the benefits of your program were top-notch. I called the Rewards line but would like to verify that either there is an active challenge that I am/can be enrolled in for Platinum, or a Taste Of Platinum promotion that I may be able to enroll in (if available).

Thanks much!

smoooosher Gold

carat Unfortunately, I don't think any of us are able to PM you, including myself Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Silly technology!

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Give it a try now, smoooosher - you can loop me in on the message too and one of us will gladly look into this for you. Thanks!

Hi smoooosher, welcome to the Insiders Community.  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message.  Please let me know if you have not received it yet. 

curto Silver

This is a great site!  Looks like I can make a run at Gold here this year, and would be interested in any challenge your might have.

Thanks!

waltluv16 Gold

Just call the Marriott Reward 800 number and ask for the Taste of gold promo. The Promo will bump your status up 1 level. For Gold Members you have 90 days to reach 9 stays for Platinum.

llpeters Silver

Hi Carat,

I'm a current Gold member but may get downgraded to silver...I have several stays already for this year, how can I do a challenge to retain my status? I would prefer to not pay the 25k points...

thanks!

Llpeters

Thanks for reaching out, llpeters!  I can definitely provide assistance.  I have also sent you a direct message to start the conversation.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

badkitty Silver

I am in a similar situation this year, Whdickey.  I have been gold for a number of years, but had to curtail travel in the past year due to some care-giving issues.  I am back on the road again for work, and retaining Gold makes a big difference in my comfort when I travel.

Would love to be able to retain (or work on) my Gold Elite, without having to buy it as I did last March.

spat123 Silver

Hi

I am frequent traveller, Have Diamond in Delta and Hilton, Would like to see if I can use Marriott Fast track platinum.

Thanks

Hi spat123,

Welcome to the Community!  When it comes to challenges, they are based off of your current status and members are invited to earn the next level status by completing a given amount of stays within a given time period.  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to start the conversation.

timp4411 Gold

carat

My wife is a current Hilton Diamond member and would like to know what you can offer in the way of a status match or challenge for Marriott?

Thanks !

awhosmon Gold

Hi carat - I've attempted to send you a direct message, but am running into some sort of red bar error each time. Would it be possible to explore my eligibility for a platinum challenge? I took advantage of a gold challenge last year and am traveling much more often for work this year and would like to explore the ability to potentially continue to climb the status ladder. Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...