5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2016 6:58 AM by brightlybob RSS

2 consecutive bookings (AB,CD), automatically combined (AD)?

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had made two consecutive bookings at the same hotel:

A: Sun 10/01

B: Wed 13/01

C: Wed 13/01

D: Fri 15/01

(because I didn't know if I would stay for period CD)

now I had to do some rebookings,

and a cancellation of the booking for CD;

and found that the original booking for AB had been changed to AD!

...is this normal?

or was somebody at the check-in desk oevr-zealous when he/she saw my consecutive bookings?

(and yes, I am perfectly fine with having to change rooms on Wed 13/01, if needed, when staying ABCD);

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2 consecutive bookings (AB,CD), automatically combined (AD)?
    ramoneur Platinum

btw: I don't mind; I am sure it will be fixed; I am just curious

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fistuk Platinum

Usually all reservations for any date are reviewed by the hotel the night before. When they see two consecutive bookings they usually append them one to another in order to unify them and save you and them some confusion.

A simple telephone call to the front desk will solve any issue you're having with that.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree with fistuk

I had this issue once, I had 3 consecutive 1-day bookings at a hotel a couple of years ago. I deliberately booked it that way as I couldn't be sure how the trip would go. When I checked in I found all 3 had been consolidated but explained I needed to be able to cancel. Reception confirmed this was ok, the consolidation was to ensure that if I did stay all the days that I wouldn't have to move, but I could cancel if I needed to. I didn't need to.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...